Re: Playing with magritte for morphic

Lukas Renggli
Hi Esteban,

On 10 June 2011 14:14, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Lukas,
> Sorry I'm disturbing you.

Please direct such mails at the mailing list :-)

> I'm playing with magritte for morphic and I found something odd about the implementation: looks not finished. Maybe because until now, nobody I know is trying to use it in commercial proyects (I have a client for a desktop app :) )
> Right now, my main concern is about MATextMorph>>#buildMorphEditor implementation, it is using #selected accessors and for that (instead #string), so they show 'false' strings... also, they fail at validation time if I'm asking for a number, but I'm assuming there will be other problems.

Magritte-Morphic worked quite well in Squeak 3.9 and was used to
render a complete Morphic interface for Pier. Since then I haven't
spent much time with it though. Doru is using it in Moose and has
recently applied some fixes, so he might have better knowledge. Note
that Moose is using Pharo 1.3, so that might be a reason it doesn't
work?

> I wonder if I can join the "magritte developers" group, and upload my fixes to make it work properly

I've added you.

> pd: btw, it looks like I will be giving a talk "magritte magic" at esug :)

Great, please go ahead :-)

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Playing with magritte for morphic

EstebanLM
Hi,
I completely forgot about the list, sorry :)
the bug I found doesn't look like something it wont happen in 1.3 (I'm using 1.2 as there are still some of the packages I use not working/tested on 1.3)... maybe Tudor didn't find it before because it shows specifically when trying to edit non-setted numbers.

best,
Esteban

El 10/06/2011, a las 10:01a.m., Lukas Renggli escribió:

> Hi Esteban,
>
> On 10 June 2011 14:14, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Lukas,
>> Sorry I'm disturbing you.
>
> Please direct such mails at the mailing list :-)
>
>> I'm playing with magritte for morphic and I found something odd about the implementation: looks not finished. Maybe because until now, nobody I know is trying to use it in commercial proyects (I have a client for a desktop app :) )
>> Right now, my main concern is about MATextMorph>>#buildMorphEditor implementation, it is using #selected accessors and for that (instead #string), so they show 'false' strings... also, they fail at validation time if I'm asking for a number, but I'm assuming there will be other problems.
>
> Magritte-Morphic worked quite well in Squeak 3.9 and was used to
> render a complete Morphic interface for Pier. Since then I haven't
> spent much time with it though. Doru is using it in Moose and has
> recently applied some fixes, so he might have better knowledge. Note
> that Moose is using Pharo 1.3, so that might be a reason it doesn't
> work?
>
>> I wonder if I can join the "magritte developers" group, and upload my fixes to make it work properly
>
> I've added you.
>
>> pd: btw, it looks like I will be giving a talk "magritte magic" at esug :)
>
> Great, please go ahead :-)
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Playing with magritte for morphic

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Esteban,

Indeed, we are using Magritte in Glamour and in Moose.

I am interested in getting it working properly in Morphic. I encountered this problem as well, and did not have time to track it down.

Could you try with a fix?

Cheers,
Doru

On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:19, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I completely forgot about the list, sorry :)
> the bug I found doesn't look like something it wont happen in 1.3 (I'm using 1.2 as there are still some of the packages I use not working/tested on 1.3)... maybe Tudor didn't find it before because it shows specifically when trying to edit non-setted numbers.
>
> best,
> Esteban
>

> El 10/06/2011, a las 10:01a.m., Lukas Renggli escribió:
>
>> Hi Esteban,
>>
>> On 10 June 2011 14:14, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Lukas,
>>> Sorry I'm disturbing you.
>>
>> Please direct such mails at the mailing list :-)
>>
>>> I'm playing with magritte for morphic and I found something odd about the implementation: looks not finished. Maybe because until now, nobody I know is trying to use it in commercial proyects (I have a client for a desktop app :) )
>>> Right now, my main concern is about MATextMorph>>#buildMorphEditor implementation, it is using #selected accessors and for that (instead #string), so they show 'false' strings... also, they fail at validation time if I'm asking for a number, but I'm assuming there will be other problems.
>>
>> Magritte-Morphic worked quite well in Squeak 3.9 and was used to
>> render a complete Morphic interface for Pier. Since then I haven't
>> spent much time with it though. Doru is using it in Moose and has
>> recently applied some fixes, so he might have better knowledge. Note
>> that Moose is using Pharo 1.3, so that might be a reason it doesn't
>> work?
>>
>>> I wonder if I can join the "magritte developers" group, and upload my fixes to make it work properly
>>
>> I've added you.
>>
>>> pd: btw, it looks like I will be giving a talk "magritte magic" at esug :)
>>
>> Great, please go ahead :-)
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot be done."