Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

Stephan Eggermont-3
I would like to have native, or at least better, libraries for manipulating PDFs
and office files.

Stephan

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

garduino
2010/8/6 Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]>:
> I would like to have native, or at least better, libraries for manipulating PDFs
> and office files.
>
> Stephan

Hi Stephan:

Sorry the late response, I agree. In the past I used SPL PDF but now,
seems not available on the old site of Lukas.

May be is somewhere? To try it on Pharo?

Cheers.

SPDF-1.0-021a.st.gz (133K) Download Attachment

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

garduino
Thanks Stef!

It loads ok on the latest PharoCore 1.2.

A quick try show me that the tests don't work mainly because the changes on UI.

I can add this to my infinite to-do list and take a look if is worth
to the community.

Also we should add a repo on SqueakSource? I noticed several license
notes on the source
code, but not idea if can be released as mit or not.....

Clues?
German.

2010/8/24 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> On Aug 6, 2010, at 8:16 AM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
>
>> I would like to have native, or at least better, libraries for manipulating PDFs
>> and office files.
>>
>> Stephan

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

Tudor Girba
This would be indeed a valuable addition to the Pharo libraries.

Cheers,
Doru

On 24 Aug 2010, at 14:31, Germán Arduino wrote:

> Thanks Stef!
>
> It loads ok on the latest PharoCore 1.2.
>
> A quick try show me that the tests don't work mainly because the
> changes on UI.
>
> I can add this to my infinite to-do list and take a look if is worth
> to the community.
>
> Also we should add a repo on SqueakSource? I noticed several license
> notes on the source
> code, but not idea if can be released as mit or not.....
>
> Clues?
> German.
>

> 2010/8/24 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> On Aug 6, 2010, at 8:16 AM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to have native, or at least better, libraries for
>>> manipulating PDFs
>>> and office files.
>>>
>>> Stephan

www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

Guillermo Polito
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Stef!
>
> It loads ok on the latest PharoCore 1.2.
>
> A quick try show me that the tests don't work mainly because the changes on UI.
>
> I can add this to my infinite to-do list and take a look if is worth
> to the community.
>
> Also we should add a repo on SqueakSource? I noticed several license
> notes on the source
> code, but not idea if can be released as mit or not.....

If you do, I want it in
http://book.pharo-project.org/book/table-of-contents/PharoTools/?_s=jR9wajUUs8XSjhse&_k=QbScVJm-MHyx6WrK&_n&9
:D

> Clues?
> German.
>

> 2010/8/24 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> On Aug 6, 2010, at 8:16 AM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to have native, or at least better, libraries for manipulating PDFs
>>> and office files.
>>>
>>> Stephan

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

+1
On Aug 24, 2010, at 2:35 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> This would be indeed a valuable addition to the Pharo libraries.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 24 Aug 2010, at 14:31, Germán Arduino wrote:
>
>> Thanks Stef!
>>
>> It loads ok on the latest PharoCore 1.2.
>>
>> A quick try show me that the tests don't work mainly because the changes on UI.
>>
>> I can add this to my infinite to-do list and take a look if is worth
>> to the community.
>>
>> Also we should add a repo on SqueakSource? I noticed several license
>> notes on the source
>> code, but not idea if can be released as mit or not.....
>>
>> Clues?
>> German.

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
> one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

garduino
I've the basics working, but, I should crete a repo on Squeaksource?

One license text on the package says:

Copyright (c) 1998 SPL WorldGroup, Inc. ("SPL WorldGroup").  All
rights reserved. Protected by the copyright laws of the United States
and international treaties.  This software may only be used in
accordance with the terms and conditions of the "SPL WorldGroup, Inc.
Software Web Site Agreement" which can be viewed on SPL WorldGroup's
web site, at www.splwg.com.

As far as I saw splwg.com now point to Oracle web site.....

What do you think?

2010/8/24 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> +1
> On Aug 24, 2010, at 2:35 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> This would be indeed a valuable addition to the Pharo libraries.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 24 Aug 2010, at 14:31, Germán Arduino wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Stef!
>>>
>>> It loads ok on the latest PharoCore 1.2.
>>>
>>> A quick try show me that the tests don't work mainly because the changes on UI.
>>>
>>> I can add this to my infinite to-do list and take a look if is worth
>>> to the community.
>>>
>>> Also we should add a repo on SqueakSource? I noticed several license
>>> notes on the source
>>> code, but not idea if can be released as mit or not.....
>>>
>>> Clues?
>>> German.

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
>> one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

Tudor Girba
It looks like you are in the possession of copyrighted code and that
you are not allowed to do anything with it unless you have permission
from the copyright holder.

Cheers,
Doru

On 24 Aug 2010, at 15:38, Germán Arduino wrote:

> I've the basics working, but, I should crete a repo on Squeaksource?
>
> One license text on the package says:
>
> Copyright (c) 1998 SPL WorldGroup, Inc. ("SPL WorldGroup").  All
> rights reserved. Protected by the copyright laws of the United States
> and international treaties.  This software may only be used in
> accordance with the terms and conditions of the "SPL WorldGroup, Inc.
> Software Web Site Agreement" which can be viewed on SPL WorldGroup's
> web site, at www.splwg.com.
>

> As far as I saw splwg.com now point to Oracle web site.....
>

> What do you think?
>

> 2010/8/24 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> +1
>> On Aug 24, 2010, at 2:35 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> This would be indeed a valuable addition to the Pharo libraries.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
>>> one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

garduino
Yes, but who is the copywriter if the web site don't exist anymore?

How to contact? May be Lukas know more, being that was involved with
this package IIRC.

Cheers.

2010/8/24 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>:

> It looks like you are in the possession of copyrighted code and that you are
> not allowed to do anything with it unless you have permission from the
> copyright holder.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 24 Aug 2010, at 15:38, Germán Arduino wrote:
>
>> I've the basics working, but, I should crete a repo on Squeaksource?
>>
>> One license text on the package says:
>>
>> Copyright (c) 1998 SPL WorldGroup, Inc. ("SPL WorldGroup").  All
>> rights reserved. Protected by the copyright laws of the United States
>> and international treaties.  This software may only be used in
>> accordance with the terms and conditions of the "SPL WorldGroup, Inc.
>> Software Web Site Agreement" which can be viewed on SPL WorldGroup's
>> web site, at www.splwg.com.
>>

>> As far as I saw splwg.com now point to Oracle web site.....
>>

>> What do you think?
>>

>> 2010/8/24 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> +1

>> --

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

Lukas Renggli
On 24 August 2010 16:18, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, but who is the copywriter if the web site don't exist anymore?
>
> How to contact? May be Lukas know more, being that was involved with
> this package IIRC.

AFAIK, the original author of SPDF is Bruce Badger.

Lukas

www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

garduino
Good info! And Bruce is on this list? Someone know how to contact him?

2010/8/24 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:

> On 24 August 2010 16:18, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yes, but who is the copywriter if the web site don't exist anymore?
>>
>> How to contact? May be Lukas know more, being that was involved with
>> this package IIRC.
>
> AFAIK, the original author of SPDF is Bruce Badger.
>
> Lukas
>

>> Cheers.
>>

>> 2010/8/24 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>:
>>> It looks like you are in the possession of copyrighted code and that you are
>>> not allowed to do anything with it unless you have permission from the
>>> copyright holder.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "What we can governs what we wish."

>> --

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

garduino
I'm writing him ...

2010/8/24 Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:

> Good info! And Bruce is on this list? Someone know how to contact him?
>

> 2010/8/24 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
>> On 24 August 2010 16:18, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Yes, but who is the copywriter if the web site don't exist anymore?
>>>
>>> How to contact? May be Lukas know more, being that was involved with
>>> this package IIRC.
>>
>> AFAIK, the original author of SPDF is Bruce Badger.
>>
>> Lukas
>>

>>> Cheers.

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Poll: missing libraries to support busines

Stéphane Ducasse
we had fun with bruce in this antiecological icebar at london so there is certainly a hope.