Re: Progress write - read sixx data

GLASS mailing list

Ciao Dale,

basically it is important to define the decoding to utf8 format both in writing and in reading of files in SIXX format.

Otherwise the system gets messed up both in writing to the file and in reading it.

How to set the decoding in utf8 format is not completely clear to me.

In Object class methods:

serialize: anObject toSixxFile: aFileName
materializeFromSixxFile:

 they are example to set utf8 decoding.

With these methods if i can write:  Object serialize: ( UserGlobals at: #Scandella ) toSixxFile: ’testSerializeScandellaNoDocument.sixx’.   15986436 byte

 and read:  Object materializeFromSixxFile: ’testSerializeScandellaNoDocument.sixx’.

the relative sixx file ( in the /optGsDevKit_hB/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/base_3106/logs/ ) without error.

But on condition not to save the dictionary with the documents

a dictionary with 1920 entry.
Each dictionary element then has about  another dictionary with 150 average elements each with a dictionary with 2 average elements.

If i write a sixx file with  all the database ( with all documents ) after 2 ours the system report :

ERROR 4067 , VM temporary object memory is full
, almost out of memory, too many markSweeps since last successful scavenge

Now don't ask me why but after some serialize test i ended up with base_3106 extent0.dbf of size 351GB…..

I try to fix everything…

It’s fix….

Dario

Oh good ... I've spent the last day or so working on the new XML projects on GsDevKit ... and I've just gotten to the point where I will be working on porting SIXX (probably tomorrow or Monday) to 3.5.4 ... all of the XML projects are working (I had to done some package cleanup work over the last couple of days).

Dale

On 11/7/20 8:05 AM, Dario Romano Trussardi wrote:
Ciao Dale,

i made some progress using the methods defined in Object class:

serialize: anObject toSixxFile: aFileName

materializeFromSixxFile: aFileName

As soon as possible, i try to verify everything and document the matter.

Have a nice Sunday.

Thanks,

Dario