Re: Release 0.22.0

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

I wanted to do a new install in a Linux environment with no previous
amber installed.
(following https://www.lolg.it/amber/amber/src/master/README.md )

    node --version
    v8.11.3

    sudo npm install -g grunt-cli grunt-init bower @ambers/cli

then

    mkdir myAmberApp
    cd myAmberApp
    amber init

And I got the error below [1]

Do you have any suggestions how to fix this?

Regards
Hannes

bower showdown#^0.5.0                        retry Download of
https://github.com/showdownjs/showdown/archive/0.5.4.tar.gz failed
with EAI_AGAIN, trying with git..
bower typeahead.js#^0.10.5                 ECMDERR Failed to execute
"git ls-remote --tags --heads
https://github.com/twitter/typeahead.js.git", exit code of #128 fatal:
unable to access 'https://github.com/twitter/typeahead.js.git/': Could
not resolve host: github.com

Additional error details:
fatal: unable to access
'https://github.com/twitter/typeahead.js.git/': Could not resolve
host: github.com
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! amber201808@0.1.0 init: `npm install && bower install &&
grunt default devel`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the amber201808@0.1.0 init script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely
additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /home/user22/.npm/_logs/2018-08-15T05_43_59_913Z-debug.log

    at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:275:12)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:925:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit
(internal/child_process.js:209:5) killed: false, code: 1, signal:
null, cmd: 'npm run init' }

On 7/22/18, Jacob MacDonald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there any documentation on how to start moving away from Bower? I see
> that the CLI sets up a project using Grunt/Bower/etc.; Is the process of
> conversion manual for now?
>
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 8:49 AM Herbert Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> There is a new release 0.22.0 out!
>>
>> It contains a few fixes. Some deprecated APIs were removed.
>>
>> This is also a release where away from bower starts (bower id deprecated
>> for long and it advocates to move to npm / yarn). That's why to update
>> cli, you should first remove the old one:
>>
>>    npm -g uninstall amber-cli
>>
>> and then install a new one, which is moved under amber's npm
>> organization, @ambers:
>>
>>    npm -g install @ambers/cli
>>
>> To update your projects, best way, as always, is to create new project
>> with `amber init` and move your src files as well as config pieces (in
>> devel, testing, deploy, Gruntfile js files) to new one.
>>
>> For those who want to update in-place: amber-dev is deprecated in favour
>> of @ambers/sdk.
>>
>> That's it for now,
>>
>> Herby

Re: Release 0.22.0

Herby Vojčík
Hi!

I see “Could not resolve host: github.com”.

Looks like you should try to tackle that first.

BTW the most setup work is now done by npm script 'init', so you may just try rerun 'npm run init' or 'npm run reset' again (see package.json of the project).

Herby

On August 15, 2018 7:50:53 AM GMT+02:00, "H. Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> There is a new release 0.22.0 out!
>>>
>>> It contains a few fixes. Some deprecated APIs were removed.
>>>
>>> This is also a release where away from bower starts (bower id
>deprecated
>>> for long and it advocates to move to npm / yarn). That's why to
>update
>>> cli, you should first remove the old one:
>>>
>>>    npm -g uninstall amber-cli
>>>
>>> and then install a new one, which is moved under amber's npm
>>> organization, @ambers:
>>>
>>>    npm -g install @ambers/cli
>>>
>>> To update your projects, best way, as always, is to create new
>project
>>> with `amber init` and move your src files as well as config pieces
>(in
>>> devel, testing, deploy, Gruntfile js files) to new one.
>>>
>>> For those who want to update in-place: amber-dev is deprecated in

Re: Release 0.22.0

Hannes Hirzel

> Hi!
>
> I see “Could not resolve host: github.com”.
>
> Looks like you should try to tackle that first.
>
> BTW the most setup work is now done by npm script 'init', so you may just
> try rerun 'npm run init' or 'npm run reset' again (see package.json of the
> project).
>
> Herby

Herby,

Your note about doing

    npm run init

after an

    amber init

command which did not fully succeed, was helpful.

I first did

     amber init

Then I did

    npm run init

The installation stopped, but at a different place.
Doing

    npm run init

two more times made the installation finally succeed.

--Hannes