Re: Release Core?

Adrian Lienhard
(moving this thread to pharo-dev)

Context: green tests for Pharo 1.1 (currently at RC4).

Thanks Mariano, I went through your list of tests.

In summary, what needs to be done:
- Fixes for Nile
- Fix one failing Shout test
- Adaptation/fixes of external packages: method wrappers, sound, morphic examples

In detail:

Needs fixing
-----------
SHParserST80Test>>#testNumbers
NSMultiByteBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
NSSmartRefStreamTest>>#testGlobal
NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOut
NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
ReleaseTest>>#testUndeclared

Undeclared classes and variables (these external packages need to be adapted or should not be loaded)
---------
WatchMorph references ColorPickerMorph
AbstractSound references FillInTheBlank
EnvelopeEditorMorph, MidiInputMorph, and ScorePlayerMorph reference PopUpChoiceMorph
KeyboardMorphForInput, MidiInputMorph, and ScorePlayerMorph reference SimpleSwitchMorph
ArchiveViewer references StandardFileMenu
ObjectAsMethodWrapper has undeclared variable named selector and wrappedClass

Fixed, see attached cs (we had that already in 1.0 but apparently it was lost for 1.1)
-----------
WeakSetInspectorTest>>#testSymbolTableM6812

Workes for me (when running each test alone)(?)
-----------
ObjectAsOneTimeMethodWrapperTest>>#testInstallOnClassCategory
MCInitializationTest>>#testWorkingCopy
WeakRegistryTest>>#testFinalization
FileStreamTest>>#testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd
AllocationTest>>#testOneGigAllocation

Cheers,
Adrian

On Jul 5, 2010, at 22:06 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> I updated the download page.
>>

> thanks
>

>> Cheers,
>> Adrian
>>
>> BTW, what is the state of the tests? Last time I run them, there were a lot
>> of failures...
>>

> much better. I fixed a lot of Nile with your suggestion and further
> problems/fixes.
>
> My results so far are these:
>
> 9764 run, 9697 passes, 53 expected failures, 8 failures, 6 errors, 0
> unexpected passes
> Failures:
> AllocationTest>>#testOneGigAllocation
> NSMultiByteBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
> SHParserST80Test>>#testNumbers
> ReleaseTest>>#testUndeclared
> FileStreamTest>>#testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd
> WeakRegistryTest>>#testFinalization
> MCInitializationTest>>#testWorkingCopy
> ObjectAsOneTimeMethodWrapperTest>>#testInstallOnClassCategory
>
> Errors:
> WeakSetInspectorTest>>#testSymbolTableM6812
> NSSmartRefStreamTest>>#testGlobal
> NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOut
> NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
> NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
> NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
>

>> ___________________
>> http://www.adrian-lienhard.ch/
>>
>> On Jul 5, 2010, at 18:26 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Yes

>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27254/Pharo-1.1-11409-rc4dev10.07.2.zip

>> to this one?

TestFixes.1.cs (767 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Release Core?

Lukas Renggli
> In summary, what needs to be done:
> - Fix one failing Shout test

I fixed that one by changing the assertions that fail.

The shout test package contains one single huge test that checks the
number parsing of Shout. I've never run this test before and I don't
really understand why they are broken. To me numbers look highlighted
correctly.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Release Core?

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/7/6 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
(moving this thread to pharo-dev)

Context: green tests for Pharo 1.1 (currently at RC4).

Thanks Mariano, I went through your list of tests.

In summary, what needs to be done:
- Fixes for Nile
- Fix one failing Shout test
- Adaptation/fixes of external packages: method wrappers, sound, morphic examples

In detail:

Needs fixing
-----------
SHParserST80Test>>#testNumbers

See http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-number-parsing-in-Shout-help-needed-td2276474.html#a2276474

Nicolas Cieller explains there the reason. I hadn't time to analize it, thus (and I am completly newbie with that).
If someone can directly commit to Shout I would appreaciate it.

NSMultiByteBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
NSSmartRefStreamTest>>#testGlobal
NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOut
NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
ReleaseTest>>#testUndeclared

Undeclared classes and variables (these external packages need to be adapted or should not be loaded)
---------
WatchMorph references ColorPickerMorph
AbstractSound references FillInTheBlank
EnvelopeEditorMorph, MidiInputMorph, and ScorePlayerMorph reference PopUpChoiceMorph
KeyboardMorphForInput, MidiInputMorph, and ScorePlayerMorph reference SimpleSwitchMorph
ArchiveViewer references StandardFileMenu
ObjectAsMethodWrapper has undeclared variable named selector and wrappedClass

ufffff  what do we do with this stuff?

Fixed, see attached cs (we had that already in 1.0 but apparently it was lost for 1.1)
-----------
WeakSetInspectorTest>>#testSymbolTableM6812

Great. Maybe we can integrate it in 1.0 together with 2547 (explained later)

Workes for me (when running each test alone)(?)

Most of them.
testOneGigAllocation and
testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd

fail always for me.

-----------
ObjectAsOneTimeMethodWrapperTest>>#testInstallOnClassCategory
MCInitializationTest>>#testWorkingCopy
WeakRegistryTest>>#testFinalization
FileStreamTest>>#testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd

This was fixes in 1.2 by the ticket 2547. Maybe we can integrate it in 1.1 also?

AllocationTest>>#testOneGigAllocation

Cheers,
Adrian

On Jul 5, 2010, at 22:06 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> I updated the download page.
>>

> thanks
>

>> Cheers,
>> Adrian
>>
>> BTW, what is the state of the tests? Last time I run them, there were a lot
>> of failures...
>>

> much better. I fixed a lot of Nile with your suggestion and further
> problems/fixes.
>
> My results so far are these:
>
> 9764 run, 9697 passes, 53 expected failures, 8 failures, 6 errors, 0
> unexpected passes
> Failures:
> AllocationTest>>#testOneGigAllocation
> NSMultiByteBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
> SHParserST80Test>>#testNumbers
> ReleaseTest>>#testUndeclared
> FileStreamTest>>#testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd
> WeakRegistryTest>>#testFinalization
> MCInitializationTest>>#testWorkingCopy
> ObjectAsOneTimeMethodWrapperTest>>#testInstallOnClassCategory
>
> Errors:
> WeakSetInspectorTest>>#testSymbolTableM6812
> NSSmartRefStreamTest>>#testGlobal
> NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOut
> NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
> NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
> NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
>

>> ___________________
>> http://www.adrian-lienhard.ch/
>>
>> On Jul 5, 2010, at 18:26 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Yes

>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27254/Pharo-1.1-11409-rc4dev10.07.2.zip

>> to this one?

Re: Release Core?

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Jul 6, 2010, at 9:48 34AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

2010/7/6 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
(moving this thread to pharo-dev)

Most of them.
testOneGigAllocation and
testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd

fail always for me.

The other one is also VM-related. With the VM's I've posted in issue 2646, they both pass for me.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: Release Core?

On Jul 6, 2010, at 9:48 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> 2010/7/6 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
> (moving this thread to pharo-dev)
>
> Context: green tests for Pharo 1.1 (currently at RC4).
>
> Thanks Mariano, I went through your list of tests.
>
> In summary, what needs to be done:
> - Fixes for Nile
> - Fix one failing Shout test
> - Adaptation/fixes of external packages: method wrappers, sound, morphic examples
>
> In detail:
>
> Needs fixing
> -----------
> SHParserST80Test>>#testNumbers
>
> See http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-number-parsing-in-Shout-help-needed-td2276474.html#a2276474
>
> Nicolas Cieller explains there the reason. I hadn't time to analize it, thus (and I am completly newbie with that).
> If someone can directly commit to Shout I would appreaciate it.
>

> NSMultiByteBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
> NSSmartRefStreamTest>>#testGlobal
> NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOut
> NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
> NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
> NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
> ReleaseTest>>#testUndeclared
>
> Undeclared classes and variables (these external packages need to be adapted or should not be loaded)
> ---------
> WatchMorph references ColorPickerMorph
> AbstractSound references FillInTheBlank
> EnvelopeEditorMorph, MidiInputMorph, and ScorePlayerMorph reference PopUpChoiceMorph
> KeyboardMorphForInput, MidiInputMorph, and ScorePlayerMorph reference SimpleSwitchMorph
> ArchiveViewer references StandardFileMenu
> ObjectAsMethodWrapper has undeclared variable named selector and wrappedClass
>

> ufffff  what do we do with this stuff?

I can have a look. This is why we must change the way we deal with externally managed by maintained packages.
We should try to get a special metacello configuration for pharo (pharo-core + packages) and that we work with pahro and
not core when we fixe stuff..

Stef