Re: Request to Join Project Verveine J

Tudor Girba
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for getting me access to the project. I will try to look into it in the following year.

next is a derived property. You should only save the previous pointer.

The context of next/previous is the context of the scope in which the association is defined. Thus, for example, for invocations, the scope is the sender method. For inheritance, the scope is the class.

Cheers,
Doru

On 20 Dec 2010, at 18:38, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

> [...]
>>> Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Being happy is a matter of choice."

Re: Request to Join Project Verveine J

Nicolas Anquetil

> Thanks for getting me access to the project. I will try to look into
> it in the following year.
>
> next is a derived property. You should only save the previous pointer.

yes, but FAMIXAssociation>>previous: calls FAMIXAssociation>>next: which does not exist.
So the question remains: Is it supposed to work?
As this seems to be a pretty basic thing lacking here ...

> The context of next/previous is the context of the scope in which the
> association is defined. Thus, for example, for invocations, the scope
> is the sender method. For inheritance, the scope is the class.

OK for the invocation and access and reference.
But What would mean a next/previous for inheritance? Is it only for multiple inheritance?

nicolas

Re: Request to Join Project Verveine J

Tudor Girba
Hi,

Indeed, this was a bug. I fixed it in the latest Famix-Core.

Regarding the inheritance, it is about the order of multiple inheritance, but it is also about the order of implements/extends in Java.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."