Re: Running Pharo 5 on Ubuntu 16.04

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 26-03-16 17:39, nacho wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm having some issues in trying to run Pharo 5 in Ubuntu 16.04
> 1) I've downloaded the sources, images and latest vm from pharo site
> 2) Unpacked everything into a directory ~/Applications/Pharo
> 3) chowned and chmoded everythin in that file

Tell us about the dependencies you've loaded? Pharo needs some
32 bit libraries to run. Isn't 16.04 supposed to be releases next month?

Stephan

Re: Running Pharo 5 on Ubuntu 16.04

Peter Uhnak
I get:
bash: ./pharo: No such file or directory

This is an error if you try to run 32bit on 64bit (or if the file is missing — just to make things confusing ;)).

Look here at the "Other" section http://pharo.org/gnu-linux-installation

 sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
 sudo apt-get update
 sudo apt-get install libx11-6:i386
 sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx:i386
 sudo apt-get install libfontconfig1:i386
 sudo apt-get install libssl1.0.0:i386

Peter

Re: Running Pharo 5 on Ubuntu 16.04

Damien Cassou-2
nacho <[hidden email]> writes:

> I'm having some issues in trying to run Pharo 5 in Ubuntu 16.04
> 1) I've downloaded the sources, images and latest vm from pharo site
> 2) Unpacked everything into a directory ~/Applications/Pharo
> 3) chowned and chmoded everythin in that file

you should probably use the Pharo Ubuntu PPA :

   http://pharo.org/gnu-linux-installation

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: Running Pharo 5 on Ubuntu 16.04

Brad Selfridge
What Ubuntu PPA. I don't see a link for one at the URL that you provided.
Brad Selfridge

Re: Running Pharo 5 on Ubuntu 16.04

EstebanLM
it is not yet ready (next week)