Re: STON - missing fileStreamDo:

1 message Options

Re: STON - missing fileStreamDo:

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Mateo,

> On 19 Aug 2016, at 11:53, Matteo Bellotto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Sven,
>
>       I'm Matteo Bellotto, a passionate programmer and I've recently discovered Smallatalk and the Pharo environment.

Good!

>       I'm developing a small project, and I was looking for a way to save objects to files: STON seems to be the right solution.
>        For this reason I've started to play with the code samples reported in the STON page.
>
>        Unfortunately I'm getting some trouble: I can't find the "fileStreamDo:" message (I'm using Pharo5.0) and I had to use the  readStreamDo: message, to let the code sample work.
>
>      Do I miss some library from my system?

That page is quite old, indeed #readStreamDo: is the correct replacement.

The more up to date documentation is

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/STON/STON.html

Part of the new Enterprise book (http://books.pharo.org).

But that contains the same error, hence I am CC'ing the ML.

> Thanks,
> Matteo

Thanks for the feedback and good luck with your projects.

Regards,

Sven

PS: Consider joining the ML and ask questions there.