Re: Screencast: Trigger.io Forge in action

Re: Screencast: Trigger.io Forge in action

Andrew McQuiggin

Thanks for pointing out another interesting Javascript-based development platform for mobile, Sebastian - I hadn't come across it before. Have you tried it out yourself?

Andrew

Re: Screencast: Trigger.io Forge in action

garduino
Wow, looks impressive!

Re: Screencast: Trigger.io Forge in action

Andrew McQuiggin
Well I couldn't resist trying out myself...and it's very smooth. There
isn't much to install and what there is was very straightforward. The
rest of the setup was just updating the index.html and placing the .js
and .css files in the appropriate directories for the app. The cloud
build does work quickly and you get both android and iOS versions.

I went to the UKSUG last night to show what I'd been doing with Amber
for mobile apps. As well as their San Francisco office, the Trigger.io
guys have an office in the Old Street "Silicon" Roundabout area of
London. On my way to the UKSUG I stopped by and discussed with them
how best to use Amber with Trigger.io Forge - a very interesting
chat.

I'm busy on other things for a couple of days, but as I progress my
use of Amber with Trigger.io Forge I'll add information to the wiki.

Andrew

On Apr 25, 6:32 pm, Andrew McQuiggin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for pointing out another interesting Javascript-based development
> platform for mobile, Sebastian - I hadn't come across it before. Have you
> tried it out yourself?
>
> Andrew
> On Apr 24, 2012 12:44 AM, "Sebastian Sastre" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > More html5 + js and mobile
>
> >http://trigger.io/cross-platform-application-development-blog/2012/04...

Re: Screencast: Trigger.io Forge in action

sebastianconcept
Take a look at that!

This is fantastic.

It works.

It worked at first try!

can we please conquer the world now?

sebastian

o/

Em terça-feira, 1 de maio de 2012 18h41min03s UTC-3, cpa4ajm escreveu:
Well I couldn't resist trying out myself...and it's very smooth. There
isn't much to install and what there is was very straightforward. The
rest of the setup was just updating the index.html and placing the .js
and .css files in the appropriate directories for the app. The cloud
build does work quickly and you get both android and iOS versions.

I went to the UKSUG last night to show what I'd been doing with Amber
for mobile apps. As well as their San Francisco office, the Trigger.io
guys have an office in the Old Street "Silicon" Roundabout area of
London. On my way to the UKSUG I stopped by and discussed with them
how best to use Amber with Trigger.io Forge - a very interesting
chat.

I'm busy on other things for a couple of days, but as I progress my
use of Amber with Trigger.io Forge I'll add information to the wiki.

Andrew

On Apr 25, 6:32 pm, Andrew McQuiggin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for pointing out another interesting Javascript-based development
> platform for mobile, Sebastian - I hadn't come across it before. Have you
> tried it out yourself?
>
> Andrew
> On Apr 24, 2012 12:44 AM, "Sebastian Sastre" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > More html5 + js and mobile
>
> >http://trigger.io/cross-platform-application-development-blog/2012/04...

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 6.18.03 PM.png (170K) Download Attachment

Re: Screencast: Trigger.io Forge in action

Nicolas Petton

Cool!

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Screencast: Trigger.io Forge in action

Bernat Romagosa
Please write a short tutorial!

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Bernat Romagosa.

Bernat Romagosa <[hidden email]> writes:

> Please write a short tutorial!
+1

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Screencast: Trigger.io Forge in action

Andrew McQuiggin
+1

After Sebastian first mentioned Trigger.io I visited them at their London Silicon Roundabout office, to show them Amber. Naturally, they liked it ;) One of their users has incorporated a CoffeeScript compile in the build process, and the same could be done for Amber.

I find the Trigger.io Forge tools to be more straightforward that either PhoneGap or Appcelerator. I'm new to both the JavaScript and Mobile worlds, but I'll be at  http://overtheair.org/blog/ on Friday and I plan to work with Amber/Trigger.io.

Andrew

On 30 May 2012 16:49, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bernat Romagosa <[hidden email]> writes:

> Please write a short tutorial!
+1

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Screencast: Trigger.io Forge in action

Esteban A. Maringolo
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Screencast: Trigger.io Forge in action

Esteban A. Maringolo
This post was updated on .
Besides Trigger.io claims itself to be faster than PhoneGap build, what would be the difference?
Both provide a common device API and runs by mean of a WebView.

"It just runs"?

Seems simpler in terms of tooling and SDK required, but conceptually looks like PG Build but with fewer platforms.

There are some issues with WebViews, for instance the DOM 'click' event has an ¿induced? delay of 400~500ms to activate its handler on iOS5, while the mousedown (or 'tap' in PG) has instant response. That's certainly not by accident.

ps: I forked Amber on GitHub, I look forward to help with what I can!

Regards!

Re: Screencast: Trigger.io Forge in action

SeungBum Kim
+1

IMPRESSIVE!!

--