Re: [Seaside] [ANN] new versions of Seaside30 configurations released

Re: [Seaside] [ANN] new versions of Seaside30 configurations released

Philippe Marschall
2010/11/12 Julian Fitzell <[hidden email]>:
> I'm a bit (actually quite) confused why we have a 3.0.1 release of
> ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and a 1.0.1 of ConfigurationOfGrease when we
> haven't released versions of the software with those numbers...

So couldn't we just make that Seaside 3.0.1 then? We even have a change log [1]

 [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside301Changelog

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [Seaside] [ANN] new versions of Seaside30 configurations released

Dale Henrichs
I guess I missed the email that you were actually planning a 3.0.1
release ... if I had known that, then I would have definitely used
3.0.0.1 as the version number ... sorry about that.

Dale

2010/11/12 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
> I guess I missed the email that you were actually planning a 3.0.1 release
> ... if I had known that, then I would have definitely used 3.0.0.1 as the
> version number ... sorry about that.

I would really opt for making this 3.0.1 instead and announcing it. I
believe we have a good set of bug fixes and features that warrant
this.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [Seaside] [ANN] new versions of Seaside30 configurations released

Julian Fitzell-2
That's fine if you want to do that release. But in general we should
always plan to do such tertiary version bugfix releases (we have in
the past), so using that for configuration version numbers is, I
think, going to be confusing. I'd rather we used a hypen for the
config version or something...

3.0-1, 3.0-2, 3.0-3, 3.0.1-1, etc.

Julian

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2010/11/12 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
>> I guess I missed the email that you were actually planning a 3.0.1 release
>> ... if I had known that, then I would have definitely used 3.0.0.1 as the
>> version number ... sorry about that.
>
> I would really opt for making this 3.0.1 instead and announcing it. I
> believe we have a good set of bug fixes and features that warrant
> this.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: [Seaside] [ANN] new versions of Seaside30 configurations released

Dale Henrichs
Julian,

In Metacello the hypen introduces a string segment, and I would prefer
not to use strings since -10 sorts before -9 ... Moving forward I would
prefer to stick with numeric version numbers.

I will probably need to make a GemStone release of the config this
afternoon and plan to call it 3.0.1.1.

Unless you intend on making official releases in that range this should
be an acceptable compromise.

Dale