Re: [Seaside] ReCaptcha on Seaside 3.0

dario trussardi
Hello,

some time ago, i write to seaside wiki for ReCaptcha problem into Gemstone.

Anyone work around this problem ?

Thanks,
for any considerations idea.

Dario

This is the last e-mail about it  from seaside wiki:

Nobert,

in reality my interested is to use ReCaptcha  into Gemstone.

I work on pharo only for test to solve the problem.

Ok, there is less chance to get it going in pharo. If you are not in a hurry than I might help later. I'm planning to go to the newest gemstone myself as soon as I find some time. I can fix it then. But this could take a week or two.

Norbert

In original i do into Gemstone  :

i load the RemoteService-Recaptcha-noha.7 into GLASS image with Seaside30.

The RSRecaptchaConfiguration class define the method:

attributes ^{ (WAStringAttribute key: #publicKey group: #recaptcha). (WAStringAttribute key: #privateKey group: #recaptcha). (WAStringAttribute key: #remoteIp group: #recaptcha). }

Because WAStringAttribute don't define the key: group:  method i define it :

key: keySymbol group: groupSymbol | rsl | rsl := self key: keySymbol. rsl group: groupSymbol. ^rsl

After i register the captcha example application wtih :

RSRecaptchaExampleComponent initialize
| app | app := WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt: 'captcha'.

  app configuration addParent: RSRecaptchaConfiguration instance .
app preferenceAt: #privateKey put: '6LcsEwcAAAAAAH0kf0...................'.
app preferenceAt: #publicKey put: '6LcsEwcAAAAAAImhBhKTw.................'.

Now when i do web request of captcha  to Glass web application the browser answer:

Unable to proceed - hit Refresh to retry

Some exceptions cannot be resumed. You will usually see this page if you hit Proceed while debugging one of these exceptions. Your request was aborted but you can retry it by refreshing the page.

Any consideration are welcome.

Thanks,

Dario

Re: [Seaside] ReCaptcha on Seaside 3.0

Dale Henrichs
Dario,

I think I missed this one ... I probably thought you were talking about
the Pharo-based recaptcha...

Anyway, it looks like Norberts site is down (right now) so if you've got
a copy of RemoteService-Recaptcha-noha.7 that you could ship to me, then
I can take a look ...

Dale

Dario Trussardi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> some time ago, i write to seaside wiki for ReCaptcha problem into Gemstone.
>
> Anyone work around this problem ?
>
> Thanks,
> for any considerations idea.
>
> Dario
>

> This is the last e-mail about it  from seaside wiki:
>

>>> Nobert,
>>>
>>> in reality my interested is to use ReCaptcha  into Gemstone.
>>>
>>> I work on pharo only for test to solve the problem.
>>>
>> Ok, there is less chance to get it going in pharo. If you are not in a
>> hurry than I might help later. I'm planning to go to the newest
>> gemstone myself as soon as I find some time. I can fix it then. But
>> this could take a week or two.
>>
>> Norbert
>>

>>> In original i do into Gemstone  :

>>> Now when i do web request of captcha  to Glass web application the
>>> browser answer:
>>>

>>>   Unable to proceed - hit Refresh to retry
>>>
>>> Some exceptions cannot be resumed. You will usually see this page if
>>> you hit Proceed while debugging one of these exceptions. Your request
>>> was aborted but you can retry it by refreshing the page.
>>>

>>> Any consideration are welcome.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> Dario

Re: [Seaside] ReCaptcha on Seaside 3.0

dario trussardi
Dale,

i send you the *.mcz file.

Thank,

RemoteService-Recaptcha-noha.7.mcz (7K) Download Attachment

Dario Trussardi wrote:

> Dale,
>
> i send you the *.mcz file.
>
> Thank,
>
> Dario

>> Dario,
>>
>> I think I missed this one ... I probably thought you were talking
>> about the Pharo-based recaptcha...
>>
>> Anyway, it looks like Norberts site is down (right now) so if you've
>> got a copy of RemoteService-Recaptcha-noha.7 that you could ship to
>> me, then I can take a look ...
>>
>> Dale

Dario,

It looks the recaptcha code may have been written to run against
Seaside2.8 and it looks like there's some work that needs to be done to
port it to Seaside3.0 ... as far as I can tell there are more changes
than the couple that you made (in the area of WAAtributes) to get things
working ... I ran the experiment in Seaside3.0.0-rc.1 and was able to
use the remote debugger to identify the problems (press the Debug button
after an error shows up in the web browser) ...

I'm not familiar with the differences between Seaside2.8 and Seaside3.0,
so I couldn't guess how much more work would be needed to get it
successfully ported ...

Dale

Re: [Seaside] ReCaptcha on Seaside 3.0

NorbertHartl
Well it seems that my site only has a problem as soon as I am on
vacation. The site is back online. Thanks for the hint. Great what you
can do with an jailbreaked iphone and south african sim card in the
middle of the african bush :)
Anyway I did upgrade my servers the seaside 3.0. So I will fix this
shortly after I am back home.

Norbert