Re: [Seaside] Seaside on Pharo-Kernel

Mariano Martinez Peck
Wow. This is awesome: a working Seaside image in 4.3 MB.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is a prepared image:
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> This is really cool!
>
> Sven
>
> On 09 Aug 2011, at 12:52, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> there's possible to load Seaside to the Pharo-Kernel.
>>
>> 1) Load PharoKernel-Gofer image from CI server
>> (https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Pharo-Kernel/job/Pharo%20Kernel%20Gofer/lastSuccessfulBuild/)
>>
>> 2) run the image with seaside.st script as an argument. That will
>> create about 4.1 MB image with basic Seaside packages and basic
>> examples.
>>
>> 3) run the image with run.st script (note that starting of the server
>> in the seaside.st script will hang, currently I have no idea why).
>>
>> 4) see if everything works at http://localhost:8080/examples/examplebrowser
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -- Pavel
>> <run.st><seaside.st>_______________________________________________
>> seaside mailing list
>> [hidden email]

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Seaside] Seaside on Pharo-Kernel

Igor Stasenko
On 9 August 2011 18:59, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wow. This is awesome: a working Seaside image in 4.3 MB.

Indeed.
Now if we could have some remote browsing/remote debugging tools..
(please say nothing about RFB)

> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> There is a prepared image:
>>

>> https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Pharo-Kernel/job/Pharo%20Kernel%20Seaside/
>>
>> -- Pavel
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Pavel,
>> >
>> > This is really cool!
>> >
>> > Sven

> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [Seaside] Seaside on Pharo-Kernel

stephane ducasse

On Aug 11, 2011, at 12:12 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 9 August 2011 18:59, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Wow. This is awesome: a working Seaside image in 4.3 MB.
>>
> Indeed.
> Now if we could have some remote browsing/remote debugging tools..
> (please say nothing about RFB)

Normally with what we are doing around
        having an environment
        + ring
        + nick papoulyas work

we should get there.

Re: [Seaside] Seaside on Pharo-Kernel

Dale Henrichs

| On 9 August 2011 18:59, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
| wrote:
| > Wow. This is awesome: a working Seaside image in 4.3 MB.
| >
| Indeed.
| Now if we could have some remote browsing/remote debugging tools..
| (please say nothing about RFB)

Igor,

If you want to do development in a Seaside image, check out tODE[1]. It's a Smalltalk development environment written in Seaside that has been ported to Pharo and GemStone ... code browsing, inspectors, debugger, metacello/monticello integration are all there.

The current version of tODE is a proof of concept but it is a highly functional proof of concept. I've been doing about 80% of my development in tODE for the last couple of months ... the current version of tODE doesn't use RING, but I plan to use RING (and port it to GemStone) for the next version ...

[1] http://code.google.com/p/tode/

Dale