Re: [Seaside] a note system for pharo?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 5:54 AM, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> in other systems, i usually have a file that i keep for notes to my
> self, along with embedding TODO's in the code so that i know where to
> come back and fill in some blanks in the future...
>
> how do you guys usually handle this in pharo/seaside?
>
> i thought about just using a workspace, but i shut them down when i am
> done as a habit..

       Gofer new
               squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
               package: 'ConfigurationOfScriptManager';
       load.

       ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfScriptManager) project version: '1.0') load.

and select World menu: "Tools" -> "More" -> "ScriptManager".

That will let you create "folders" where you can group workspaces. You can put names to both of them, and import and export them to files.
If you have opened workspaces, it can also recognise it and automatically create them.

Cheers

Mariano

> thanks!
>

> --
>
> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> http://www.coffee-black.com
> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: [Seaside] a note system for pharo?

Stan Shepherd
I follow Steve Wessels's method:
http://squeak.preeminent.org/tut2007/html/035B.html    (Leaving Notes In Your Code)

He recommends to define a dummy method on Object called #revisit: , passing your note as the string.

then you can browse senders of #revisit: to see all your notes.

...Stan

Re: [Seaside] a note system for pharo?

Stéphane Ducasse
there is flag:

have a look at the senders... :)

Far too many?

Stef

On Apr 5, 2010, at 1:27 PM, Stan Shepherd wrote:

> I follow Steve Wessels's method:
> http://squeak.preeminent.org/tut2007/html/035B.html    (Leaving Notes In
> Your Code)
>
> He recommends to define a dummy method on Object called #revisit: , passing
> your note as the string.
>
> then you can browse senders of #revisit: to see all your notes.
>
> ...Stan

Re: [Seaside] a note system for pharo?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I just revisited this.  If you use a [fill in favorite word for pragma/annotation here], you can have the same effect as revisit: or flag: (or as many custom note types as you want) without adding any methods to Object.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean