Re: [Seaside-dev] How to send email from seaside web application using gmail smtp server

1 message Options

Re: [Seaside-dev] How to send email from seaside web application using gmail smtp server

Johan Brichau-2
For general Seaside questions, please post to the Seaside general discussion mailinglist.

Did you load the Seaside-Email-* packages? There are facilities in Seaside to help you generating an mail.
For examples, check out the Seaside-Tests-Email package.

In addition, Stephan’s suggestion to use ZdcSecureSMTPClient from Zinc-Zodiac seems a good suggestion as it’s probably an SSL/TLS connection that you need.
For that, you will need to manually replace the references to SMTPClient in GRPlatform to ZdcSecureSMTPClient

On 11 Nov 2015, at 08:43, Jayalakshmi Lade <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I want to send an email using gmail smtp server from my seaside web application to any email id, for that in workspace I used below code,

username:= '[hidden email]'.
 password:='admin'.
 client := SMTPClient openOnHostNamed: 'smtp.gmail.com' port: 465.
 client user: username; password: password; login; initiateSession.
client mailFrom: '[hidden email]';
      recipient: '[hidden email]';
      data:
 'Subject: Hello from SMTPClient!
 From: test@gmail.com
 Sending from SMTPClient!'.
 client quit.

when I inspect getting this error:  "Connection closed: Connection closed while waiting for data".

Can anyone please help on this?

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thanks,

Jaya L