Re: Some Community numbers

laza
Some numbers to compare it against Pharo:

Currently 472 people are actively subscribed to the pharo mailing list.

Looking at the past year until now about 127 people have posted something at least once per month on average (27% of active subscribers as of today).

The same for the last three months gives 99 people.

Alex

2012/2/24 Alexander Lazarević <[hidden email]>
Hi!

Just some estimated[1] numbers[2]:

Currently 1013 people are actively subscribed to the squeak-dev mailing list.

Looking at the past year until now about 64 people have posted something at least once per month on average (6% of active subscribers as of today).

The same for the last three months gives 51 people.

So any new Modulesystem or fancy Squeak Map Server gonna change that trend?

BTW, the Google+ Page attracted around 200 people. As with squeak-dev there isn't too much going on.

Alex

[1] I didn't bother to filter/join crosspostings, commit messages nor people with multiple e-mail addresses
[2] wget, grep, sed, uniq, sort, wc are my friends

Re: Some Community numbers

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks for the stats. Now lot of people read the mailing-list via forum.
What I can say is that we have a lot of new things in the pipeline and we will get there.
Just need more time. Now Pharo improves daily. And there is a massive amount of work put into it.

Stef