Re: Spell-checking code and comments?

Stefan Marr-4
Hi Mariano:

Well, that reads like there is nothing I could use easily...

I guess Helvetia refers to http://scg.unibe.ch/research/helvetia

But since I am not familiar enough with the whole platform, I wont start the proposed hack to get the red underlining for miss-spelled words.
However, would be very helpful in all places, not only in the code editor, but also for Monticello commit messages.

Anyway, thanks and best regards
Stefan

On 17 Jan 2010, at 21:46, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> http://n2.nabble.com/Spell-check-test-cases-tp4288633p4288810.html
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/Refactoring-Browser-depenences-td4187739.html#a4187739
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi stefan
>
> look at the spell checker rules did by lukas,
>  there was a discussion in the mailing-list.
>
> Stef
>
> On Jan 17, 2010, at 7:47 PM, Stefan Marr wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > Is there anything for the editor, which does a spell check on code and/or comments with a reasonable understanding of typical patterns like CamelCasing to separate words?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Stefan
> >
> > --
> > Stefan Marr
> > Software Languages Lab
> > Vrije Universiteit Brussel
> > Pleinlaan 2 / B-1050 Brussels / Belgium
> > http://soft.vub.ac.be/~smarr
> > Phone: +32 2 629 3956
> > Fax:   +32 2 629 3525

Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Pleinlaan 2 / B-1050 Brussels / Belgium
http://soft.vub.ac.be/~smarr
Phone: +32 2 629 3956
Fax:   +32 2 629 3525

Re: Spell-checking code and comments?

Mariano Martinez Peck
I must admit I have ever used Refactoring-Spelling as you read in those links. As much as I understood, you can check that using Code critics rules. If you want the worlds to be automatically hightitle with red if they are wrong....I guess it is not possible right now without Helvetia.

I remember (maybe I am wrong) that Lukas said that could add that command (check spelling) to the first menu of the refactoring tools. Maybe this is a bit close to what you want.

Cheers

Mariano

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Stefan Marr <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano:

Well, that reads like there is nothing I could use easily...

I guess Helvetia refers to http://scg.unibe.ch/research/helvetia

But since I am not familiar enough with the whole platform, I wont start the proposed hack to get the red underlining for miss-spelled words.
However, would be very helpful in all places, not only in the code editor, but also for Monticello commit messages.

Anyway, thanks and best regards
Stefan

On 17 Jan 2010, at 21:46, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> http://n2.nabble.com/Spell-check-test-cases-tp4288633p4288810.html
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/Refactoring-Browser-depenences-td4187739.html#a4187739
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi stefan
>
> look at the spell checker rules did by lukas,
>  there was a discussion in the mailing-list.
>
> Stef
>
> On Jan 17, 2010, at 7:47 PM, Stefan Marr wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > Is there anything for the editor, which does a spell check on code and/or comments with a reasonable understanding of typical patterns like CamelCasing to separate words?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Stefan
> >
> > --
> > Stefan Marr
> > Software Languages Lab
> > Vrije Universiteit Brussel
> > Pleinlaan 2 / B-1050 Brussels / Belgium
> > http://soft.vub.ac.be/~smarr
> > Phone: +32 2 629 3956
> > Fax:   +32 2 629 3525

Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Pleinlaan 2 / B-1050 Brussels / Belgium
http://soft.vub.ac.be/~smarr
Phone: +32 2 629 3956
Fax:   +32 2 629 3525

Re: Spell-checking code and comments?

Stan Shepherd
Stef,

To use Lukas's spell checker, use Monticello to download:

Refactoring-Spelling from http://www.squeaksource.com/rb/

This is temporarily not in the dev image.

Right click your package, and choose refactoring scope - package.
In the scoped browser, right click your package, and choose refactor- code critics.

Spell check errors will be highlighted in bold, and you can browse from that panel.

...Stan

Re: Spell-checking code and comments?

Stan Shepherd
Stefan,

To use Lukas's spell checker, use Monticello to download:

Refactoring-Spelling from http://www.squeaksource.com/rb/

This is temporarily not in the dev image.

Right click your package, and choose refactoring scope - package.
In the scoped browser, right click your package, and choose refactor- code critics.

Spell check errors will be highlighted in bold, and you can browse from that panel.

No help for  Monticello commit messages though.

...Stan