classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Election 2020

marcel.taeumel
Hi Ron, hi all!

I was just looking at my last year's proposal, and I am eager to reuse those words as they reflect my ongoing enthusiasm for the Squeak ecosystem. :-) 

I would really like to continue serving on the Squeak Oversight Board in 2020!

My main interests include user interaction (Morphic), code modularity (readability/extensibility), backwards compatibility (Etoys), and programming/productivity tools.  

During the past years, there has been a healthy mix of promising ideas, enlightening discussions, and challenging viewpoints. I do value such programming experiences as a great addition to my daily life. Squeak's community is great! Thank you. :-)

Let us continue shaping Squeak for many opportunities to come! It is an intriguing programming system with its liveness promoting exploratory working habits. What a time to be a programmer!

Best,
Marcel

Reply | Threaded
|

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi All,

That was a very good start!  1 day, 1 candidate for 7 open board seats!  Thanks Marcel for getting us going!

It doesn't take a huge commitment to be a board member.  Maybe someone on the board can explain what the responsibilities are and how much time it takes.  If you can make a monthly meeting and you are excited about the future of Squeak and want to volunteer to help move us forward, this is your chance to give back to the community!  Run for the board! 

If you know someone that should be on the board, ask them to run! 

If you are waiting to see if others will run first, don't :).  More candidates is always better!

Thanks!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 4:28 AM Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ron, hi all!

I was just looking at my last year's proposal, and I am eager to reuse those words as they reflect my ongoing enthusiasm for the Squeak ecosystem. :-) 

My main interests include user interaction (Morphic), code modularity (readability/extensibility), backwards compatibility (Etoys), and programming/productivity tools.  

During the past years, there has been a healthy mix of promising ideas, enlightening discussions, and challenging viewpoints. I do value such programming experiences as a great addition to my daily life. Squeak's community is great! Thank you. :-)

Let us continue shaping Squeak for many opportunities to come! It is an intriguing programming system with its liveness promoting exploratory working habits. What a time to be a programmer!

Best,
Marcel

Reply | Threaded
|

RES: Squeak Oversight Board Election 2020

CdAB63

Where´s the link to vote for oversight board?

Thanx

Casimiro Barreto

De: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> Em nome de Ron Teitelbaum
Enviada em: terça-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2020 13:10
Para: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
Assunto: Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2020

Hi All,

That was a very good start!  1 day, 1 candidate for 7 open board seats!  Thanks Marcel for getting us going!

It doesn't take a huge commitment to be a board member.  Maybe someone on the board can explain what the responsibilities are and how much time it takes.  If you can make a monthly meeting and you are excited about the future of Squeak and want to volunteer to help move us forward, this is your chance to give back to the community!  Run for the board! 

If you are waiting to see if others will run first, don't :).  More candidates is always better!

Thanks!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Hi Ron, hi all!

Best,

Marcel

Reply | Threaded
|

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Casimiro,

I just sent it to you again.  Check your email for an email from 

Ron Teitelbaum (CIVS poll supervisor)

It has the subject: 
Poll: Squeak Oversight Board 2020

Let me know if you get the ballot.

Thanks for voting!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 8:11 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

Where´s the link to vote for oversight board?

Thanx

Casimiro Barreto

De: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> Em nome de Ron Teitelbaum
Enviada em: terça-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2020 13:10
Para: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
Assunto: Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2020

Hi All,

Thanks!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Hi Ron, hi all!

Best,

Marcel