Re: [SqueakDBX] Problems

1 message Options

Re: [SqueakDBX] Problems

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Facundo Vozzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Beniot,
I'm using SquekDBX on Squeak 4.2 and it works fin but I don't know what DBXTalk is about.

Please please, forget for the mement about DBXTalk.
As you may have read, ESUG is sponsoring once again SqueakDBX, but we renamed it to DBXTalk. But this is still private, broken, and we are developing there.
YOU must stay using SqueakDBX repository, with the Metacello configurations in MetacelloRepostirory...like if nohing had happened ;)
Once DBXTalk is ready, we will let you know.

Thanks

Mariano

Do you need the installation steps for SqueakDBX?

See you,
FV

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Benoit St-Jean <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've downloaded the Squeak 4.2 All-in-One file for windows, installed Squeak, downloaded the necessary DLLs for OpenDBX for Windows and loaded the Metacello necessary stuff without problem.

Now, I've been struggling to install DBXTalk and SqueakDBX.  Has anyone tried installing those from a ***fresh-clean*** Squeak 4.2 image ?  Besides the 2 underscore settings you have to change to be able to get passed the first 2 errors, there always seems to be something missing.  Now, I'm stuck with the SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin class missing.

Can anyone try loading DBXTalk and describe the process, step-by-step.  Am I missing something obvious?

tia

Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)