Re: Stack Overflow developer survey is now open! -action requested

Re: Stack Overflow developer survey is now open! -action requested

EuanM
Alternatively Stef, it tells us "nothing good" about mind-share of
Smalltalks out there in the real world.

The current mindshare of Pharo is on a par with Lasso.  The mindshare
of all Smalltalks is on a par with Julia or Objective C++

Commercial take-up is highly correlated with mindshare.

At some point, we need to address the mindshare issue directly, rather
than pretending it is irrelevant.

One of the models of tech uptake has a path that runs: contains
   Development
   Dismissal
   Disappearance

If we're not even visible enough to have questionnaire's reflect our
approach, this is not a good sign.  I don't think it necessarily
reflects poorly on the questionnaire's authors.

Regards,
     Euan

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 08:12:32 +0100
From: stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>
> When I that behavior it tells me nothing good about the ?survey?

> Stef
>
> On 25 Jan 2016, at 20:05, Steven Kelly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Darn, too slow:
>> ?This survey is currently closed. Please contact the author of this survey for further assistance.?
>> Steve

stephane ducasse-2
When we cannot participate to a survey because the period is too short then I’m sorry but this is a crappy survey
and I know because we run surveys.