Re: Swazoo troubles and enhancements suggestions

1 message Options

Re: Swazoo troubles and enhancements suggestions

Janko Mivšek
Hi Michel,

Nice to hear that you find 0.9.90 as an improvement. I will add most of
your suggestions soon in new version, in the meantime I have some
suggestions to you too:

- when loading from public Store, don't ask for source of Swazoo (parcel
or bundle) but just load a *fixed* version od Swazoo (like 0.9.90) from
Store. This will ease of installation a lot. Currently you load a latest
version, which is changing and is usually a development/unstable one and
therefore you aren't be able to guarantee a working seaside instalation.

-when loading Seaside from a parcel, you should always load a Swazoo
parcel from goodies/other/Swazoo. We need to be in sync for a VW7.3
release so that combination of both parcels will really work. I just put
Swazoo 0.9.90 parcels to goodies so in next dev build they will be
there. Those parcels will be still refreshed till a final freeze of 7.3.
I'll let you know the versions I'll publish there so you'll be able to
test it.

Anyway, let we move our debate to swazoo mailing list:
[hidden email] (subscibe here:

Swazoo home page is: http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk/Swazoo

More later,
Janko