Re: Template folders in Scribo

Janko Mivšek
Hi Nico,

nico wrote:

> There are two things I don't unsertsand with folders:
> First, what are template folders? What is the difference with classic
> folders.
> Second, how to create a template folder?

Template folder is a folder which hold document templates, that is
templates from which you can create a half-filled document. Like the
empty forms or spreadsheets in Word or Excel.

Why special folder? because on the web this folder shows documents
differently: link goes directly to template and not to the document
itself. Template is namely a first attachment to the document. So that
document is actually just a holder for the real template, which is as
said usually a Word or Excel etc. attachment.

Template folders therefore allows users easy access to such templates
for various documents like expense forms, cost calculations etc.

Folder becomes a template one simply by calling #setTemplateFolder to
it. All subfolders are automatically template folders as well.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Template folders in Scribo

Nicolas Petton
Le dimanche 28 septembre 2008 à 15:56 +0200, Janko Mivšek a écrit :

> Hi Nico,
>
> nico wrote:
>
> > There are two things I don't unsertsand with folders:
> > First, what are template folders? What is the difference with classic
> > folders.
> > Second, how to create a template folder?
>
> Template folder is a folder which hold document templates, that is
> templates from which you can create a half-filled document. Like the
> empty forms or spreadsheets in Word or Excel.
>
> Why special folder? because on the web this folder shows documents
> differently: link goes directly to template and not to the document
> itself. Template is namely a first attachment to the document. So that
> document is actually just a holder for the real template, which is as
> said usually a Word or Excel etc. attachment.
>
> Template folders therefore allows users easy access to such templates
> for various documents like expense forms, cost calculations etc.
>
> Folder becomes a template one simply by calling #setTemplateFolder to
> it. All subfolders are automatically template folders as well.
Ok, I understand this, but there is NOTHING in the RepositoryApp to set
a folder as a template folder. Is there something in BiArt? If yes, I
think we should move that to Scribo.

Cheers!

Nico
--