Re: Terse Guide to Pen

Dan Norton
Greetings All,

It is important that whatever is in the Terse Guide should work. In the Pen topic of the Terse Guide there is an example of drawing a polygon and filling it with a color. At some point in the past, filling stopped working because it used the method

Form>>floodFill2:at:

I can find no replacement currently in Cuis, but #floodFill2:at: from Squeak can be filed in and the example works as before. Is there something I can use instead or should I remove the example?

 - Dan

> On 14 April 2015 at 10:57, Dan Norton wrote:

>Hi Juan, The drawing and coloring block in the Pen example no longer works because Form>>floodFill2:at: went away. How should we now fill a polygon?

Re: Terse Guide to Pen

Juan Vuletich-4
Apologies for not answering before. I thought I'd answered but it seems I haven't.

Cuis doesn't currently support filling shapes. It will do, when Morphic 3 is the default UI. Then, the API will be more like SVG, specifying a shape with optional fill attributes. I think the best is to remove the example for the time being.

Regards,
Juan Vuletich

On 5/9/2015 2:37 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
Greetings All,

It is important that whatever is in the Terse Guide should work. In the Pen topic of the Terse Guide there is an example of drawing a polygon and filling it with a color. At some point in the past, filling stopped working because it used the method

Form>>floodFill2:at:

I can find no replacement currently in Cuis, but #floodFill2:at: from Squeak can be filed in and the example works as before. Is there something I can use instead or should I remove the example?

 - Dan

> On 14 April 2015 at 10:57, Dan Norton wrote:

>Hi Juan, The drawing and coloring block in the Pen example no longer works because Form>>floodFill2:at: went away. How should we now fill a polygon?

Re: Terse Guide to Pen

Dan Norton
Cool. The SVG examples are spectacular. I'll change the Pen topic to draw the polygon but
not fill it for now.