Re: Using Pier as a CMS for a personal site, (layouts and urls question)

Re: Using Pier as a CMS for a personal site, (layouts and urls question)

Paul DeBruicker
You might just work through this:

http://chapados.org/tutorials/pier-design-tutorial

and get exactly what you want and learn a ton in the process

On 08/07/2011 06:02 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 23:54:05 -0500
> From: Offray Vladimir Luna C?rdenas<[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Pharo-users] Using Pier as a CMS for a personal site
> (layouts and urls question)
> To:[hidden email]
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm reading the Dynamic Web Development (still I'm not in the Seaside
> list or in the Pier, but I'm already part of Pharo, Squeak, Moose and
> Aida lists, so I'm trying to subscribe to another community when my
> interaction and questions get bigger) and I found at the beginning of
> the section "7.7Rendering Lists and Tables" the skeleton of what could
> be a personal site. Knowing about the existence of Pier I went to see
> what personal sites where Pier Powered and I have found many that I
> like. The one I like most is the Doru site at:
>
> http://www.tudorgirba.com/
>
> I really like the layout and colors and is pretty similar to what I
> would choose for me and I thought that this could be an integrated
> layout in the options provided by Pier (of course if Doru is fine with
> that). So my first question is:
>
>    * Could I use this layout? (pleeeease Doru, pleeeeeeease!!!;-)  ) and
> how? This could be the base for a different layout with the time (that I
> promise to share also) but is a really good starting point.
>
>    * I see the blog on Ramon Leon ( onsmalltalk.com ) without the ugly
> urls and the Doru's site have clean urls. The method to get them in
> Seaside is documented in the Ramon's blog. Is the same for Pier (being
> Seaside based) or there is any other procedure?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Offray

Re: Using Pier as a CMS for a personal site, (layouts and urls question)

Stéphane Ducasse
this is a great resources?
Tx for the pointer paul.

Stef