Re: [VWNC 7.5 Windows] Nothing showing up in Inspector Evaluation Pane

Re: [VWNC 7.5 Windows] Nothing showing up in Inspector Evaluation Pane

Daniel Klein-4
>> What am I missing?
>Inspiration ;-)
>

>The evaluation pane is meant to put in snippets of code to evaluate,
>just like a workspace.
>
>The big difference with a workspace is that 'self' refers to the object
>being inspected...

<big slap on forehead> I guess this is a sure sign that I am somewhat new at all this, even tho I had fussed around with it a few years ago.

One other question for now... What do the '* +' and '* -' mean in the System Browser next to the package names? I can find no mention of this in the AppDevGuide.

Dan

Re: [VWNC 7.5 Windows] Nothing showing up in Inspector Evaluation Pane

Reinout Heeck

> One other question for now... What do the '* +' and '* -' mean in
> the System Browser next to the package names? I can find no mention
> of this in the AppDevGuide.

'Everybody' knows that the '*' means that the package has been
altered and should be versioned into Store at some time.

'Nobody' knows what the '+' and '-' mean. I'd have to look it up
(probably in the Store manual) but don't really care enough. It has
often been suggested that these get removed from the browser or be
augmented with flyby help but neither has happened yet.

-

RE: [VWNC 7.5 Windows] Nothing showing up in Inspector Evaluation Pane

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
* means "has been changed"
+ means "contains overrides of others"
- means "is overridden by others"

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Evaluation

> Pane
>

> > One other question for now... What do the '* +' and '* -' mean in
> > the System Browser next to the package names? I can find no mention
> > of this in the AppDevGuide.
>

> 'Everybody' knows that the '*' means that the package has been
> altered and should be versioned into Store at some time.
>
> 'Nobody' knows what the '+' and '-' mean. I'd have to look it up
> (probably in the Store manual) but don't really care enough. It has
> often been suggested that these get removed from the browser or be
> augmented with flyby help but neither has happened yet.

> -

Re: [VWNC 7.5 Windows] Nothing showing up in Inspector Evaluation Pane

David Lattimore
Boris Popov wrote:
> * means "has been changed"
> + means "contains overrides of others"
> - means "is overridden by others"

I had wondered about those.  Although, from my observations, it looks
like "+" applies to packages that contain any extension of a class
defined in another package.  "-" is indeed only overrides.

I guess the symbols make a certain sort of sense, "+" to say you've
added something, "-" to say you've had something taken from you
(something you originally defined in your package is not currently being
defined by your package).

David