Re: Where to host

Florian Minjat
Hi,
   I am looking for a non-commercial hosting for Seaside (I am
tutoring a student team for an online game build on Squeak+Seaside).
   Is there any news about thoses hostings ? Currently we are looking
for a virtual linux server, but it is quite expensive.

Florian

Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Welcome, Patrick!
>
>> I'm just right now downloading seaside image.
>> Now what i'm interested in wher do i find suitable web hosting company
>> fo Seaside??
>
> netstyle.ch is about to launch a free Seaside hosting service for
> non-commercial use.
>
> If you need a commercial hosting, let me know in private mail.
>
>> Are there any seaside bigger projects??
>
> yes
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>
>> Can i use Firebird sql engine with Seaside?
>>
>> Thx, Patrick

Re: Where to host

Göran Krampe
Hi!

Florian Minjat <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am looking for a non-commercial hosting for Seaside (I am
> tutoring a student team for an online game build on Squeak+Seaside).
>    Is there any news about thoses hostings ? Currently we are looking
> for a virtual linux server, but it is quite expensive.

I use a unixshell.com account (Xen based virtual server) which costs
about $15 per month (depending on choice, see below). Works great and
gives you quite a lot of disk space, CPU and memory.

See prices here:
        http://www.unixshell.com/index.php?page=services

regards, Göran

Re: Where to host

François Beausoleil-4
Hi !

2006/2/1, Florian Minjat <[hidden email]>:
>    I am looking for a non-commercial hosting for Seaside (I am
> tutoring a student team for an online game build on Squeak+Seaside).
>    Is there any news about thoses hostings ? Currently we are looking
> for a virtual linux server, but it is quite expensive.

I am hosting at http://rimuhosting.com/ right now for multiple Rails
applications.  I don't know about your specific needs, but their
starter package is 19.95 USD/month.

Hope that helps,
--
François Beausoleil
http://blog.teksol.info/

Re: Where to host

Cees De Groot
If you have someone that can fill in German forms, you can get a real
linux server for 19 euro's per month at Hetzner.

If it is limited in time (temporary hosting), ping me and I'll set
something up on one of my boxes.

Regards,

Cees

On 2/1/06, Florian Minjat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am looking for a non-commercial hosting for Seaside (I am
> tutoring a student team for an online game build on Squeak+Seaside).
>    Is there any news about thoses hostings ? Currently we are looking
> for a virtual linux server, but it is quite expensive.
>
> Florian
>
> Adrian Lienhard wrote:
> > Welcome, Patrick!
> >
> >> I'm just right now downloading seaside image.
> >> Now what i'm interested in wher do i find suitable web hosting company
> >> fo Seaside??
> >
> > netstyle.ch is about to launch a free Seaside hosting service for
> > non-commercial use.
> >
> > If you need a commercial hosting, let me know in private mail.
> >
> >> Are there any seaside bigger projects??
> >
> > yes
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Adrian
> >
> >> Can i use Firebird sql engine with Seaside?
> >>
> >> Thx, Patrick

Re: Where to host

Petr-9
hello,
there is a free virtual server available at www.vserver.cz, but I have
no idea about the stability. you get a shell account and a server with
static ip after registering. you can choose from 3 different distros if
i remember correctly.

petr

Pat e wrote:

> I'm just right now downloading seaside image.
> Now what i'm interested in wher do i find suitable web hosting company
> fo Seaside??
> Are there any seaside bigger projects??
> Can i use Firebird sql engine with Seaside?
>
> Thx, Patrick

Re: Where to host

Adrian Lienhard

On Feb 1, 2006, at 16:15 , Florian Minjat wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am looking for a non-commercial hosting for Seaside (I am
> tutoring a student team for an online game build on Squeak+Seaside).
>   Is there any news about thoses hostings ?

Concerning the free Seaside hosting mentioned below, we are currently
doing tests and plan to go online in about three weeks from now. We
are looking for a few beta testers - anybody interested, please
contact me by mail.

Cheers,
Adrian