Re: Which dbf does GADM need?

aglynn42

The dropbox URL for the dbf for GADM is no longer there.  I can upload the file to my Google drive and share it publicly, but there’s two dbf files, one a single layer and one a 6 layer file.

Which does GADM actually use (yes, I’m being lazy).

Andrew Glynn

Re: Which dbf does GADM need?

hernanmd
Hi Andrew,

The GADM Configuration should download and uncompress the CSV database
file directly. It is downloaded from the Territorial GitHub repository
(https://github.com/hernanmd/Territorial/raw/master/res) and can be
installed with the following script:

Metacello new
    smalltalkhubUser: 'hernan' project: 'GADM';
    configuration: 'GADM';
    version: #development;
    load.

Actually I converted the DBF to CSV, from the Territorial manual: "The
GADM package can be installed and used independently from Territorial,
and includes the raw GADM (version 2) data in CSV format, parsed to
build a browseable GADM world tree, allowing off-line access to the
GADM database in a hierarchical fashion with objects. This leverages
the need to perform on-line queries for basic requests. A hierarchical
tree can be used to build a toponym browser for example"

As an example, if you want to browse the world using a FastTable tree evaluate:

GADMWorldTree example1

I just fixed one issue with deprecated #name and I will update now the
Catalog version.

Cheers,

Hernán

> The dropbox URL for the dbf for GADM is no longer there.  I can upload the
> file to my Google drive and share it publicly, but there’s two dbf files,
> one a single layer and one a 6 layer file.
>

> Which does GADM actually use (yes, I’m being lazy).
>

> Andrew Glynn

Re: Which dbf does GADM need?

aglynn42

Thanks, for some reason the version I have is trying to pull it from http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103833630/gadm28_dbf.zip