Re: Working with a compressed Fuel file?

1 message Options

Re: Working with a compressed Fuel file?

Stephan Eggermont-3
A long time ago, Mariano wrote:
> And what happened with the vm gzip crash? Still around?

Yep, still crashing the vm.

I revisited my MonticelloProjects experiment yesterday, and am still crashing
the vm when serializing to a compressed fuel file. I wrote about it at the time,
and then gave up as the vm was less stable during that period.

To reproduce the crash in a pharo6 image:

|project|
Gofer it
        smalltalkhubUser: 'StephanEggermont' project: 'MonticelloProjects';
        package: 'MonticelloProjects';
        load.

project := (Smalltalk at: #MCProject) new location:
'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/StephanEggermont/Documentation/main'.
project read.
project saveToFile.

That reliably crashes in saveToFile.

It seems to be independent of 32/64 bit and mac/linux, as I tried some variations.
Crash dumps in a mail to the vm list

Stephan