Re: [aida] Metacello

Dale

----- "Geert Claes" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Is there a metacello (ConfigurationOfAIDAWeb type of thing) install
| for AIDA
| Web?
| --

Geert,

I've just committed ConfigurationOfAida to the MetacelloRepository.

"on Pharo"
Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
        load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.0') load.

"on Squeak trunk"
(Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository')
    install: 'ConfigurationOfAida'.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.0') load.

Adding GemStone to the configuration is on my todo list.

Dale

Re: [aida] Metacello

Janko Mivšek
Hi Dale,

Thanks a lot for that configuration! I just tried it and it loads
nicelly in Pharo RC2, just that it loads Aida6.0-beta.2 instead of final
Aida6.0. From looking at class ConfigurationOfAida, method #version60:,
I didn's see any problem. Is that Metacello wrongly determine the
version to load?

Ok, I just "released" and "blessed" Aida6.0.mcz on SqueakSource, maybe
this will help... no, it still loads 6.0-beta.2 instead.
http://www.squeaksource.com/Aida.html

Funny thing is also that on SqueakSource 6.0 is now among Released and
Blessed, but not among Versions, neither among Latest. What is wrong?
I'm not very proficient with MC as you see :)

Best regards
Janko

On 27. 01. 2010 04:20, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> ----- "Geert Claes" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> | Is there a metacello (ConfigurationOfAIDAWeb type of thing) install
> | for AIDA
> | Web?
> | --
>
> Geert,
>
> I've just committed ConfigurationOfAida to the MetacelloRepository.
>
> "on Pharo"
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
> load.
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.0') load.
>
> "on Squeak trunk"
> (Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository')
>     install: 'ConfigurationOfAida'.
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.0') load.
>
> Adding GemStone to the configuration is on my todo list.
>
> Dale

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: [aida] Metacello

Dale
Janko,

I will check into to see what might be going on ... I think that the naming convention that you use for Aida, Swazoo and Sport doesn't quite fit the "standard" naming conventions which is confusing SqueakSource and Gofer (which is used as the loader for Metacello).

Dale
----- "Janko Mivšek" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi Dale,
|
| Thanks a lot for that configuration! I just tried it and it loads
| nicelly in Pharo RC2, just that it loads Aida6.0-beta.2 instead of
| final
| Aida6.0. From looking at class ConfigurationOfAida, method
| #version60:,
| I didn's see any problem. Is that Metacello wrongly determine the
| version to load?
|
| Ok, I just "released" and "blessed" Aida6.0.mcz on SqueakSource,
| maybe
| this will help... no, it still loads 6.0-beta.2 instead.
| http://www.squeaksource.com/Aida.html
|
| Funny thing is also that on SqueakSource 6.0 is now among Released
| and
| Blessed, but not among Versions, neither among Latest. What is wrong?
| I'm not very proficient with MC as you see :)
|
| Best regards
| Janko
|

| On 27. 01. 2010 04:20, Dale Henrichs wrote:
| >
| > ----- "Geert Claes" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >
| > | Is there a metacello (ConfigurationOfAIDAWeb type of thing)
| install
| > | for AIDA
| > | Web?
| > | --
| >
| > Geert,
| >
| > I've just committed ConfigurationOfAida to the MetacelloRepository.
| >
| > "on Pharo"
| > Gofer new
| > squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| > package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
| > load.
| >
| > ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.0') load.
| >
| > "on Squeak trunk"
| > (Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository')
| >     install: 'ConfigurationOfAida'.
| > ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.0') load.
| >
| > Adding GemStone to the configuration is on my todo list.
| >
| > Dale
| >

| --
| Janko Mivšek
| AIDA/Web
| Smalltalk Web Application Server
| http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: [aida] Metacello

Janko Mivšek
Hi Dale,

On 27. 01. 2010 19:12, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> I will check into to see what might be going on ... I think that the naming convention that you use for Aida, Swazoo and Sport doesn't quite fit the "standard" naming conventions which is confusing SqueakSource and Gofer (which is used as the loader for Metacello).

Thanks a lot and sorry for wasting your time due to naming convention.

Which is not enforced and I always regarded as unwritten rule, but not
very handy specially for official released versions, where author
certainly is not so important to be in the name. The MC package contains
the author among its properties anway.

Also, from usability and newbies standpoint the released package name
should be short and a new long-name author convention is direct oposite
of that rule.  While for development ones it is good to have all three
attributes in the name.

Just few thoughts
Janko