Re: autocommit

Joel Turnbull-2

Laurent, if you've accomplished even the autocommit on save piece of
this, I'd be interested in your notes.

Your guys' ideas would go a very long way towards improving the
experience in the browser.

Thanks,
Joel

On Aug 29, 4:40 pm, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2011/8/29 Göran Krampe <[hidden email]>
>

> > On 08/29/2011 08:06 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
>
> >> After my lost work experience I don't want to live it again.
>
> >> I would like:
> >> - save always do a commit category (then commit button is not necessary)
> >> - on save / commit do a git commit on an alternative branch.
>
> >> The jtalk part seems easy.
>
> >> I cannot find how to trigger / run a system command / git when files are
> >> written via webdav. Is it possible ?
>
> >> Maybe you have ideas on this.
>
> > Well, if you le me go a bit ambitious for a second, I talked with Stephan
> > Eggermont quite a lot at ESUG and our ideas when it comes to handling source
> > went something like this:
>
> > 1. Hook up to local storage (HTML5 API) and use that to log every "edit"
> > just like a change log. I later realized that I want to port Delta to Jtalk
> > and then we will have a really good model for this, and they can undo
> > themselves! This enables both undo but also "git stash"-like functionality
> > and also "commit grouping" etc etc.
>
> I've played a little with local storage yesterday to see if I can have a
> sort of "recent changes" like but:
> - local storage seems quite poor (cannot store objects, only primitive data
> ...)
> - is not cross-browser. Often I need to check stuff in several browsers - in
> this case it seems nicer to have history on server side.
>
> As the jtalk application I'm developing will be integrated in a PHP project
> (in a few days), I will try to write a  jtalk - php - git toolchain.
>
> Laurent.
>

> > 2. Set up a public Riak server and some trivial functionality for doing an
> > OAuth login. And then store our modules there, and of course see directly in
> > the IDE what is available and be able to load with a single click etc etc.
> > Issues like namespaces (I don't want them really, or something very simple)
> > and dependencies etc - but we have a chance to do something simple that
> > works.
>
> > I intend to write down my thoughts on the wiki for discussion etc.
>
> > regards, Göran

Re: autocommit

laurent laffont
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Joel Turnbull <[hidden email]> wrote:

Laurent, if you've accomplished even the autocommit on save piece of
this, I'd be interested in your notes.

Your guys' ideas would go a very long way towards improving the
experience in the browser.

Sorry for late response. Autocommit should be easy to do - look at Browser code, commit handling code is there. Haven't tried it yet.

Laurent.