Re: [cormas-dev] OpenPonk ported to Pharo 7

1 message Options

Re: [cormas-dev] OpenPonk ported to Pharo 7

hernanmd
s/ported/loadable/g

Guys, you may help me on this one:

I suspect some classes in OpenPonk-Spec-Commands are breaking Calypso in Pharo 7 at some point on usage (not really sure, but I need to discard possibilities).
Do you know any way to specify conditional loading in a Baseline method?
I want to load all OpenPonk-Spec categories except OpenPonk-Spec-Commands.

Cheers,

Hernán

El mar., 8 oct. 2019 a las 11:03, Hernán Morales Durand (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi Serge,

Noy yet sadly, what I did was to make the changes to make OpenPonk just loadable in Pharo 7. Besides additional needed OpenPonk porting tasks, now I have to check why Calypso gets broken (unusable) and I have to compile some methods by hand, for example:

ClySwitchMethodViewModeCommand compile: 'isAppliedToBrowser

^browser methodGroupView showsItemsOfType: self methodGroupType'

Also it seems Pharo 7 no longer includes a fallback Browser to solve this type of problems...
Cheers,

Hernán

El mar., 8 oct. 2019 a las 5:12, Serge Stinckwich (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 4:57 AM Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys!!

Glad to write to you again.

Hi Hernan,

thank you for your commitment.
It took me some days but now I've had a loadable OpenPonk in Pharo 7 :)

" In case of empty Warning windows appearing you can uncomment:"
" Smalltalk tools debugger alwaysOpenFullDebugger: true. "
[ Metacello new
     baseline: 'OpenPonk';
     repository: 'github://hernanmd/OpenPonk/repository';
     load ]
on: IceGenericError
do: [ : ex | ex retry ].

You mean OpenPonk is usable in Pharo 7 ?
I will give a try.
Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroon
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich