Re: cuis editors

Fernando olivero

On Mar 31, 2010, at 9:54 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

I suggest that you post that to the mailing-list since lot of people are interested.

Stef, you suggest that i give global read rights to this package now?

On Mar 31, 2010, at 1:05 AM, Fernando olivero wrote:

Hi, thanks for the patience.

I've decided to  created a package at squeak source, instead of the SLICE.

MCHttpRepository
   location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/CUISEditorPort'
   user: 'FerO'
   password: ''
I've  added both of you as developers, because for now the read/write global access is false.
Please download the package and test the examples,

EntryFieldMorph class>>example1

fixed and I will publish

Great! Do you agree on using Announcements for announcing acceptedContents and escape?

IMO this would allow us to remove PluggableTextMorphs, and unify them with the TextMorphs family.

NewTextMorph class>>example1

(this one's i added as subclasses of NewTextMorph, for convenience)
MethodMorph class>>example1

styler
| styler |
styler := self stylerClass new.
styler classOrMetaClass: self codeClass .
^ styler

stylerClass is not know.

Fill fix it now.

ClassDefinitionMorph class>>example1

Please let me know what you think!

I can even post some uses to show the benefits of having the Editor and morph decoupled.
For example,  it made straightforward to implement a searchWidget for Gaucho .

Cuis Editor Port

Fernando olivero

On Apr 1, 2010, at 8:33 AM, Fernando olivero wrote:

NewTextMorph class>>example1

(this one's i added as subclasses of NewTextMorph, for convenience)
MethodMorph class>>example1

styler
| styler |
styler := self stylerClass new.
styler classOrMetaClass: self codeClass .
^ styler

stylerClass is not know.

It's because Shout is not installed in the core .

Missing SHTextStylerST80 Class.

Maybe it means that we should have a ConfigurationOfCuisEditorPort ?

Re: cuis editors

why not?

>> I suggest that you post that to the mailing-list since lot of people are interested.
>
> Stef, you suggest that i give global read rights to this package now?
>

>> On Mar 31, 2010, at 1:05 AM, Fernando olivero wrote:
>>

>>> Hi, thanks for the patience.
>>>
>>> I've decided to  created a package at squeak source, instead of the SLICE.
>>>
>>> MCHttpRepository
>>>    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/CUISEditorPort'
>>>    user: 'FerO'
>>>    password: ''
>>> I've  added both of you as developers, because for now the read/write global access is false.
>>> Please download the package and test the examples,
>>>
>>> EntryFieldMorph class>>example1
>>
>> fixed and I will publish
>>

> Great! Do you agree on using Announcements for announcing acceptedContents and escape?
>
> IMO this would allow us to remove PluggableTextMorphs, and unify them with the TextMorphs family.
>

>>> NewTextMorph class>>example1
>>>
>>> (this one's i added as subclasses of NewTextMorph, for convenience)
>>> MethodMorph class>>example1
>>

>> styler
>> | styler |
>> styler := self stylerClass new.
>> styler classOrMetaClass: self codeClass .
>> ^ styler
>>

>> stylerClass is not know.
>>

> Fill fix it now.
>

>>> ClassDefinitionMorph class>>example1
>>>
>>> Please let me know what you think!
>>>
>>> I can even post some uses to show the benefits of having the Editor and morph decoupled.
>>> For example,  it made straightforward to implement a searchWidget for Gaucho .

Re: Cuis Editor Port

>>> styler
>>> | styler |
>>> styler := self stylerClass new.
>>> styler classOrMetaClass: self codeClass .
>>> ^ styler
>>>

>>> stylerClass is not know.
>>>

> It's because Shout is not installed in the core .
>
> Missing SHTextStylerST80 Class.
>
> Maybe it means that we should have a ConfigurationOfCuisEditorPort ?

No this is overkill. Texteditor should be really integrated into pharo so we should not lose our time on
having them manage as totally separate package.
Even if the styler method should be package with Shout.