Re: curlplugin 2.0.0

1 message Options

Re: curlplugin 2.0.0

johnmci
Ok, we seem to have a disconnect between the Plugin Source Code and the SUnits
When I look in http://www.squeaksource.com/CurlPlugin I don't see any code to generate the primitives like:
primEasyAutoReferer

I'm sure it exists since it appears to be a patch file in the unix tree, however the author should update http://www.squeaksource.com/CurlPlugin so I can build a new plugin

On 2010-04-21, at 1:59 PM, Jan van de Sandt wrote:

Hello John.

I have tried to use the new CurlPlugin in the 4.2.4b1 Squeak VM and the VM that is shipped with Pharo 1.0. On both the environments I get a number of test errors and failures when I run CurlTests of CurlPlugn-dao.23:

failures:
- testApiHttpOptions
- testApiOptions
- testApiSwitches

errors:
- testApiInfoStrings
- testApiTimings
- testApiTransfersParameters
- testMassiceCurlHandleCreation

All the problems are "primitive failed" problems.

Jan.

If I run the same tests on Ubuntu I get a single test failure: testApiTransfersParameters

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Jan van de Sandt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello John,

Great news! Thank you very much for the work. I will try it out this evening and look at the unit test that fails.

Jan.

On 4/20/10, John M McIntosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> Is it possible to update the CurlPlugin that is shipped with the Squeak Mac VM? It is great that the plugin is part of the standard VM. But the version that is shipped is quite old. Danil Osipchuk created a new version that contains valuable new functionality. For example the possibility to add custom headers to http requests. I would really like to use this feauture for Cloudfork.
>
> I think CurlPlugin-dao.23.mcz is the latest stable version of the plugin. (http://www.squeaksource.com/CurlPlugin.html)
>
> Regards,
> Jan.

I've done this, via help from Saris Hein <[hidden email]>
It going to take a few days yet to leak into a VM push.
There is one test failure, you might want to track it down.
plugin 2.0.0 attached.

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882
Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com

Jan van de Sandt
gsm: +31 (0)6 3039 5998

--
Jan van de Sandt
gsm: +31 (0)6 3039 5998

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882
Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment