Re: debug vm windows?

philippeback

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is there a Pharo debug vm for windows already build and available somewhere?

Cheers,
Andrei

Re: debug vm windows?

Andrei Chis
Thanks! Any chance you can redo the build to get also a debug vm for
the latest version?

Cheers,
Andrei

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 8:02 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have an older build here.
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/philippeback/pharo-vm
>
> https://bintray.com/pharophile/pharo-vm/build/view/files?sort=name&order=asc#files/
>
> There is an normal, assert and debug vm in there.
>
> Phil
>
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a Pharo debug vm for windows already build and available
>> somewhere?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrei

Re: debug vm windows?

philippeback
Not at the moment.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:08 PM, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks! Any chance you can redo the build to get also a debug vm for
the latest version?

Cheers,
Andrei

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 8:02 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have an older build here.
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/philippeback/pharo-vm
>
> https://bintray.com/pharophile/pharo-vm/build/view/files?sort=name&order=asc#files/
>
> There is an normal, assert and debug vm in there.
>
> Phil
>
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a Pharo debug vm for windows already build and available
>> somewhere?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrei

Re: debug vm windows?

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

the instructions are not merged yet and I am not sure whether something has changed since I wrote it (April 8), but I wrote down instructions and created scripts for building the VM on Windows (7+)

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm/pull/128
https://github.com/peteruhnak/pharo-vm/blob/windows-build/README-Win32.md
https://github.com/peteruhnak/pharo-vm/tree/windows-build/scripts/windows

in particular the Manual Compilation at the end; iirc `mvm -a` creates asserting VM, `mvm -d` debug, `mvm -f` regular, and `mvm -A` all of them.

Peter

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:57:45PM +0200, [hidden email] wrote:

> Not at the moment.
>
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:08 PM, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks! Any chance you can redo the build to get also a debug vm for
> > the latest version?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andrei
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 8:02 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > > I have an older build here.
> > >
> > > https://ci.appveyor.com/project/philippeback/pharo-vm
> > >
> > > https://bintray.com/pharophile/pharo-vm/build/
> > view/files?sort=name&order=asc#files/
> > >
> > > There is an normal, assert and debug vm in there.
> > >
> > > Phil

Re: debug vm windows?

Andrei Chis

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

the instructions are not merged yet and I am not sure whether something has changed since I wrote it (April 8), but I wrote down instructions and created scripts for building the VM on Windows (7+)

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm/pull/128
https://github.com/peteruhnak/pharo-vm/blob/windows-build/README-Win32.md
https://github.com/peteruhnak/pharo-vm/tree/windows-build/scripts/windows

By the way, thanks for publishing these scripts.
I found them a while back and they were quite useful in figuring out how to configure cygwin.

Cheers,
Andrei