Re: dynamic interaction with Mondriam

abdelghani ALIDRA
Ok,
Thanks Vincent :)

> On 07 Jun 2017, at 15:52, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> You should ask in the Moose list ;)
>
> Vincent

abergel
Hi!

Simply using Mondrian is complicated to do this (Mondrian is not made to produce interactive & dynamic visualizations).

Instead, it would be great that you could try DataStudio, which is exactly designed for this kind of situations.

You can load DataStudio by using a dedicated plugin:

You can try some examples:

| c |
c := CAArtwork new.
c doAction: (CAAddElementAction new argument: (1 to: 7)).
c doAction: (CAAddEdgeAction new argument: [ :e | e + 1 ]).
c doAction: (CASwitchLabelAction new).
c doAction: (CAShapeSizeAction new argument: 30).
c doAction: (CAGridLayoutAction new).
^ c view

Here another example:

| c |
c := CAArtwork new.
c doAction: (CAAddElementAction new argument: (Collection withAllSubclasses)).
c doAction: (CAAddEdgeAction new argument: #subclasses).
c doAction: (CAShapeHeightAction new argument: [ :cls | cls numberOfMethods max: 5 ]).
c doAction: (CAShapeWidthAction new argument: [ :cls | cls numberOfVariables * 5 max: 5 ]).
c doAction: (CAShapeNormalizedColorAction new argument: [ :cls | cls numberOfLinesOfCode ]).
c doAction: (CATreeLayoutAction new).

c doAction: (CAAddGroupAction new argument: [ :cls | '*Array*' match: cls name ]).
c doAction: (CASwitchLabelAction new).
^ c view

You will end-up with something like:

Let me know how it goes...

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Jun 7, 2017, at 9:52 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

You should ask in the Moose list ;)

Vincent

Re: dynamic interaction with Mondriam

abdelghani ALIDRA
Hi Alex,

I will try this out and let you know
Thank you
Abdelghani

On 09 Jun 2017, at 10:13, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi!

Simply using Mondrian is complicated to do this (Mondrian is not made to produce interactive & dynamic visualizations).

Instead, it would be great that you could try DataStudio, which is exactly designed for this kind of situations.

You can load DataStudio by using a dedicated plugin:
<Screenshot 2017-06-08 11.36.31.png>

[...]

<Screenshot 2017-06-09 04.00.21.png>

Let me know how it goes...

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Jun 7, 2017, at 9:52 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

You should ask in the Moose list ;)

Vincent

Re: dynamic interaction with Mondriam

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Thanks for this work. Seems interesting. I'm just playing with the demos. The contextual menu for making operations on the visualization, particularly the "Interactions..." submenu (I don't know it this can be more prominent, like the "+Edge", "+Group" and other top menus).

I loaded it from my current Roassal installation and at the beginning I got "Instance of RTLabeled class did not understand #hasLabel:" while trying to run your suggested examples. After upgrading Roassal everything worked, but I wonder if plugins and its example should have some requirements about minimal version of Roassal.

Cheers,

Offray

On 09/06/17 03:13, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
Hi!

Simply using Mondrian is complicated to do this (Mondrian is not made to produce interactive & dynamic visualizations).

Instead, it would be great that you could try DataStudio, which is exactly designed for this kind of situations.

You can load DataStudio by using a dedicated plugin:

You can try some examples:

| c |
c := CAArtwork new.
c doAction: (CAAddElementAction new argument: (1 to: 7)).
c doAction: (CAAddEdgeAction new argument: [ :e | e + 1 ]).
c doAction: (CASwitchLabelAction new).
c doAction: (CAShapeSizeAction new argument: 30).
c doAction: (CAGridLayoutAction new).
^ c view

Here another example:

| c |
c := CAArtwork new.
c doAction: (CAAddElementAction new argument: (Collection withAllSubclasses)).
c doAction: (CAAddEdgeAction new argument: #subclasses).
c doAction: (CAShapeHeightAction new argument: [ :cls | cls numberOfMethods max: 5 ]).
c doAction: (CAShapeWidthAction new argument: [ :cls | cls numberOfVariables * 5 max: 5 ]).
c doAction: (CAShapeNormalizedColorAction new argument: [ :cls | cls numberOfLinesOfCode ]).
c doAction: (CATreeLayoutAction new).

c doAction: (CAAddGroupAction new argument: [ :cls | '*Array*' match: cls name ]).
c doAction: (CASwitchLabelAction new).
^ c view

You will end-up with something like:

Let me know how it goes...

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Jun 7, 2017, at 9:52 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

You should ask in the Moose list ;)

Vincent

Re: dynamic interaction with Mondriam

abergel
> Thanks for this work. Seems interesting. I'm just playing with the demos. The contextual menu for making operations on the visualization, particularly the "Interactions..." submenu (I don't know it this can be more prominent, like the "+Edge", "+Group" and other top menus).
>
> I loaded it from my current Roassal installation and at the beginning I got "Instance of RTLabeled class did not understand #hasLabel:" while trying to run your suggested examples. After upgrading Roassal everything worked, but I wonder if plugins and its example should have some requirements about minimal version of Roassal.

Thanks for trying!
The goal of DataStudio is to build visualization without coding.
Offray, can you try to make your visualization using DataStudio? What is missing?

Cheers,
Alexandre