Re: got focus how to?

Igor Stasenko
you will probably need to hook in at

HandMorph>>newKeyboardFocus:

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: got focus how to?

Stéphane Ducasse

On May 22, 2012, at 6:39 PM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> I found I have to override #keyboardFocusChange:, but it is far from a
> good solutions. Basicly I want to show/hide a virtual keyboard only for
> text edit morph, and when I want it.

I do not have the answer but this is important to have such scenario when we will start to modify
Handmorph.

Stef

> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
>
> Le 22/05/2012 18:15, Igor Stasenko a écrit :
>> you will probably need to hook in at
>>
>> HandMorph>>newKeyboardFocus:
>>
>> On 22 May 2012 17:38, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I need to take an action when an arbitrary morph got the keyboard focus
>>> (a text morph).
>>>
>>> How can I set up such an action for a given morph?
>>>
>>> Of course I don't want to override the given morph. Ideally I want to
>>> pass a block of code to execute whenever the focus changes.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Hilaire

Re: got focus how to?

Guillermo Polito
I plan to add slowly but steadily announcements to well known events in morphic for 2.0
- focused
- lost focus
- when selection changes

focus seems to be a good next step :)

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

On May 22, 2012, at 6:39 PM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> I found I have to override #keyboardFocusChange:, but it is far from a
> good solutions. Basicly I want to show/hide a virtual keyboard only for
> text edit morph, and when I want it.

I do not have the answer but this is important to have such scenario when we will start to modify
Handmorph.

Stef

> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
>
> Le 22/05/2012 18:15, Igor Stasenko a écrit :
>> you will probably need to hook in at
>>
>> HandMorph>>newKeyboardFocus:
>>
>> On 22 May 2012 17:38, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I need to take an action when an arbitrary morph got the keyboard focus
>>> (a text morph).
>>>
>>> How can I set up such an action for a given morph?
>>>
>>> Of course I don't want to override the given morph. Ideally I want to
>>> pass a block of code to execute whenever the focus changes.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Hilaire

Re: got focus how to?

Igor Stasenko
On 22 May 2012 18:39, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I found I have to override #keyboardFocusChange:, but it is far from a
> good solutions. Basicly I want to show/hide a virtual keyboard only for
> text edit morph, and when I want it.

yes, but i cannot see how you can do it without an evil overrides.

I think best would be to discuss change/enhancement and integrate it
into pharo. So you can legally use it in future without need to rely
on overrides,
which private to your project.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: got focus how to?

wernerk
perhaps you could see whether the morphs get informed via #focusChanged?
werner

Re: got focus how to?

Hilaire Fernandes
On 22/05/2012 19:34, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> [...]

Indeed I have to. Morph is such a messy crap, it is a productivity killer.

It will be nice. I don't know how UI layer can be cleanly implemented
from scratch, it is a huge task

Hilaire

Re: got focus how to?

Hilaire Fernandes
On 22/05/2012 22:02, Werner Kassens wrote:
> perhaps you could see whether the morphs get informed via #focusChanged?
> werner

The problem is more to be capable to execute a given action when
focusChanged.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: got focus how to?

Guillermo Polito
I opened an issue and proposed a fix (http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Summary%20Milestone%20Difficulty&groupby=&sort=&id=5956) so we can do something like:

someMorph onAnnouncement: MorphGotFocus do: [ :ann | ... ].
someMorph onAnnouncement: MorphLostFocus do: [ :ann | ... ].

Can anybody review?
Thanks,
Guille

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 22/05/2012 22:02, Werner Kassens wrote:
> perhaps you could see whether the morphs get informed via #focusChanged?
> werner

The problem is more to be capable to execute a given action when
focusChanged.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: got focus how to?

Hilaire Fernandes
Great

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: got focus how to?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hilaire does it work for you?

Stef

> Great
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
>
> On 23/05/2012 12:28, Guillermo Polito wrote:
>> I opened an issue and proposed a fix (
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Summary%20Milestone%20Difficulty&groupby=&sort=&id=5956)
>> so we can do something like:
>>
>> someMorph onAnnouncement: MorphGotFocus do: [ :ann | ... ].
>> someMorph onAnnouncement: MorphLostFocus do: [ :ann | ... ].
>>
>> Can anybody review?
>> Thanks,
>> Guille
>>
>> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Hilaire Fernandes <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:

>>> The problem is more to be capable to execute a given action when
>>> focusChanged.
>>>
>>> Hilaire
>>>

>>> --
>>> Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu
>>>

> --
> Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: got focus how to?

Hilaire Fernandes
I did not find the time to test it yet. I have to look at the house
building process.

Do I need Pharo 2.0 to test it?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: got focus how to?

Guillermo Polito
yep :/  The morph announcer is in pharo 2.0

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: got focus how to?

Hilaire Fernandes