Re: iCal port to Magritte3

Yanni Chiu
Hmmm. It seems the ConfigurationOf is expecting GemStone and Squeak, not
Pharo.

Yikes, the differences in Date, Time, DateAndTime, timezones, etc.
across dialects and versions is a *challenge*.

I probably don't need Magritte3. I just want to create ical files.

[Aside. I wish there were a mailing list for cross-platform packages]

On 22/01/13 3:05 PM, Yanni Chiu wrote:

> I just started to look at ical on squeaksource, and am happy to find
> it's actively being worked on.
>
> Is anyone working on porting iCalMagritte to Magritte3?
> Should I do it, and call it iCalMagritte3? Then we'd have two dev
> streams to maintain.
>
> There are some minor problems with the code.
>
> - ICalChronos-PaulDeBruicker.5 is not in the repository (maybe lost to a
> squeaksource restart)
> - the test class StafferDateAndTime is not defined anywhere (maybe it's
> in the missing package)

Re: iCal port to Magritte3

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Yanni,

My mistake.  StafferDateAndTime class is my subclass of the Chronos
class Timepoint.  Those references can be replaced with 'self
dateAndTimeClass' sends.

I removed the offending references and put the corrected version and the
missing version if ICalChronos up on Squeaksource.   The
ConfigurationOfICal should work on both Pharo and Squeak.  I have not
tested it in Gemstone.  Or were you referring to a different
ConfigurationOf?

I have not done anything with iCalMagritte or Magritte3 so can't help
you there.

Let me know if it works for you now and  how else I can help

Thanks
Paul