Re: ie6 and xhtml

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [Seaside] ie6 and xhtml

May not be the suggestion you are looking for, but I would recommend you get a pro designer involved who does this stuff for living. It won't only save you money in the long run, it'll save you hours of frustration which could be spent doing something else... :)

Cheers!

-Boris (via BlackBerry)

Re: ie6 and xhtml

keith1y
Boris Popov wrote:

> May not be the suggestion you are looking for, but I would recommend
> you get a pro designer involved who does this stuff for living. It
> won't only save you money in the long run, it'll save you hours of
> frustration which could be spent doing something else... :)
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Boris (via BlackBerry)

It turns out that seaisde doesnt send the <?xml prolog as standard, but
pier does.
So I have taken it out for the time being... and things are looking much
better.

I agree, so where does one find one of these super designers ?

Keith

Re: ie6 and xhtml

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [Seaside] ie6 and xhtml

Word of mouth? Google? Craigslist? I found ours on the title page at a book store.

Cheers!

-Boris (via BlackBerry)

> May not be the suggestion you are looking for, but I would recommend
> you get a pro designer involved who does this stuff for living. It
> won't only save you money in the long run, it'll save you hours of
> frustration which could be spent doing something else... :)
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Boris (via BlackBerry)

It turns out that seaisde doesnt send the <?xml prolog as standard, but
pier does.
So I have taken it out for the time being... and things are looking much
better.

I agree, so where does one find one of these super designers ?

Keith

Re: ie6 and xhtml

JeffreyStraszheim
Keith Hodges wrote:
> It turns out that seaisde doesnt send the <?xml prolog as standard,
> but pier does.
> So I have taken it out for the time being... and things are looking
> much better.
>
> I agree, so where does one find one of these super designers ?

Well, I wouldn't recommend hiring a designer unless you're making real
money on your site -- in which case you *obviously* need to hire someone
to do this stuff.

The XHTML problem comes from "quirks mode", btw.  IE6 doesn't know about
XHTML, so it renders it as "old fashioned crappy" HTML.  Thanks Microsoft.

--
Jeffrey Straszheim

Re: ie6 and xhtml

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [Seaside] ie6 and xhtml

I strongly disagree, if you are planning on making money with your site, you absolutely should invest in proper design from day 1. Obviously if this is just for internal use or for learning, no point spending money.