Re: info abour moose data extractor

1 message Options

Re: info abour moose data extractor

Stéphane Ducasse

On Sep 16, 2011, at 5:46 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Stephane...
> I'm a developer that needs to extract some information from moose analysis (ex. properties and its values) ... exists a way to do this from a java or c++ program without launching the moose user interface ?

You can script moose by passing a script on the command line. You could also conect via a socket.

> My goal is this: starting from a java project, build with inFusion the .mse project... then without launching the moose user interfarce extract the moose analysis with specific library API (has the moose an api library ?) ... building around this a my program or user interface.

> Can I access to moose analisys using a specific library ? Exists this way ? If yes, how can do it ?

No for the moment the VM does not let us simply talk to objects inside it.

> If no, can moose suite produce a file (or something of equivalent) with his analysis of the project, the same that I can see with the user interface ?

sure there exporters in tab separated formats. Now writing a specific exporter should be easy and I would look at the one that export and filter
mse files. Andre (when you are back from holidays) can you give michele some pointers?