Re: installing old version of amber

Herby Vojčík
On 9. 8. 2019 17:09, Siemen Baader wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an old project from 6 years ago [1] that I want to use again, but
> I didn't put in the proper requirements in package.json. I think I used
> a setup back then which was recommended on amber-lag.net
> <http://amber-lag.net> at one point which has a vendor/ directory with
> amber and requirejs in it that all my projects back then shared. But I
> don't have it anymore and I don't know which version it was - other than
> it must have been before Nov 8, 2013 which my latest commit is from.
>
> The index.html file [2] references:
>
> <script src="../vendor/amber/support/amber.js"></script>
>
> <script src="../vendor/amber/support/requirejs/require.min.js"></script>
>

> Any hints to how I can identify and recreate the required amber version?
>
> Thanks,
> Siemen
>
> 1: https://github.com/siemenbaader/twiddler-tutor

Alternative, move to newest Amber if you want. It should work if you
create a new empty project with newest Amber, using 'Tutor' for main
class, and then copy old .st over, but keeping the 'up to date' header
(so the package creation and imports are correct), having old class and
method definitions, then recompiling from cli with 'grunt'.

Herby

Re: installing old version of amber

Siemen Baader
Thanks for your reply, Herby!

> Alternative, move to newest Amber if you want. It should work if you create a new empty project with newest Amber, using 'Tutor' for main class, and then copy old .st over, but keeping the 'up to date' header (so the package creation and imports are correct), having old class and method definitions, then recompiling from cli with 'grunt'.

Sounds like the best way to do it. What do you mean by the 'up to date header'? Something in the .st file?

-- Siemen

On 9. 8. 2019 20:49, Siemen Baader wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, Herby!
>

>> Alternative, move to newest Amber if you want. It should work if you create a new empty project with newest Amber, using 'Tutor' for main class, and then copy old .st over, but keeping the 'up to date' header (so the package creation and imports are correct), having old class and method definitions, then recompiling from cli with 'grunt'.
>
> Sounds like the best way to do it. What do you mean by the 'up to date header'? Something in the .st file?

Yes. Using the header part as it is generated by up-to-date `amber
init`, but the actual classses and methods (bulk of the payload) from
old .st file.