Re: jQuery lightbox in Seaside 3.0

Bob Nemec
Facundo,
Yes, I'm using Scritpaculous  #lightbox: in Seaside 3.0, but I've subclassed SULightbox to provide the required #style ... it's a short term hack.  I'll be replacing everything with jQuery soon (when I get back to working on the Seaside code).  I continue to be surprised that I have to roll my own jQuery version of SULightbox; I thought it was more commonly used.  My code uses #lightbox: a lot for domain generated modal dialogs.

Bob

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Facundo Vozzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bob,
are you using scritpaculous #lightbox: on Seaside 3.0 ? It works fine for me on Seaside 2.9 but not on Seaside 3.0.

Did you find a way to do the same with jQuery dialog ?

Thanks in advance,
Facundo

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Bob N. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nick,
Thank you... that's a good starting point for me; somewhat easier than starting from scratch.

I continue to be surprised that there is so little demand for this feature.  I can't be the only one that uses #ligthbox: a lot but wants to move to jQuery.

Bob

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
<...>
Use it as follows:
renderContentOn: html
html form: [
html submitButton
        callback: [self jqDialog: self counter];
        with: 'Open counter'
]

where the component contains the following methods:
counter
^ counter ifNil: [counter := WACounter new]

children
^ Array with: self counter

Hope this helps

Nick
<...>

Bob Nemec

Re: jQuery lightbox in Seaside 3.0

Lukas Renggli
> working on the Seaside code).  I continue to be surprised that I have to
> roll my own jQuery version of SULightbox; I thought it was more commonly
> used.  My code uses #lightbox: a lot for domain generated modal dialogs.

Maybe you can contribute your implementation of a jQuery based lightbox?

Seaside is an open source project: Things do only happen if somebody
takes the time to do it.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: jQuery lightbox in Seaside 3.0

Bob Nemec
Lukas,
I have every intention to do so, once I get back to working on Seaside.  It would be cool if I could contribute something back to the community.
My comment was not a complaint... I simply am surprised that don't see more requests for a jQuery SULigthbox equivalent.

Bob

P.S. And to those of you that have contributed: Thank You (it does not get said enough).

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> working on the Seaside code).  I continue to be surprised that I have to
> roll my own jQuery version of SULightbox; I thought it was more commonly
> used.  My code uses #lightbox: a lot for domain generated modal dialogs.

Maybe you can contribute your implementation of a jQuery based lightbox?

Seaside is an open source project: Things do only happen if somebody
takes the time to do it.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch
Bob Nemec

Re: jQuery lightbox in Seaside 3.0

fvozzi
Bob,
it's strange because my image has the method #style on SULightbox but it doesn't work on Seaside 3.0. Maybe is a library configuration problem on my site, I'll test it again.
If you like I can help you to make an implementation of lightbox: based on jQuery. Please let me know.

Regards,
Facundo

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Bob N. <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

My SULightbox subclass style method contains...

div#lightbox {
z-index: 9999;
background: #DEDEDE;
border: solid black 1px;
padding: 1em;
}' , <my file library> default <my css method>

Without the 'background:' the lightbox was transparent. It's a quick hack to get something to display.
I appended my css code so that the lightbox contents had the same look.  Again, a hack.

It will be a few weeks before I get time to work on my Seaside code.

Bob