Re: lost appliance creation instruction

Paul DeBruicker
The variable gsvers in the install script (installGemstone2.4-Linux.sh)
points to a non-existent file on the Gemstone downloads server.  It
needs to be changed from

GemStone64Bit2.4.0-x86_64.Linux.zip

GemStone64Bit2.4.2.1-x86_64.Linux.zip

Paul

On 05/03/2010 03:00 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> If anyone has any issues, hits any problems etc, drop me a line and
> i'll see if i can help.
>
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Dale Henrichs
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> >  Sean,
>> >
>> >  I've uploaded (and wiki-ized) your instructions:
>> >
>> >  ?http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/BuildYourOwnGLASSAppliance
>> >
>> >  Thank you very much,
>> >
>> >  Dale

Re: lost appliance creation instruction

SeanTAllen
I just updated both the scripts that are in my dropbox and referenced
in the instructions
to get 2.4.2.1 instead of 2.4.0

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The variable gsvers in the install script (installGemstone2.4-Linux.sh)
> points to a non-existent file on the Gemstone downloads server.  It needs to
> be changed from
>
> GemStone64Bit2.4.0-x86_64.Linux.zip

> GemStone64Bit2.4.2.1-x86_64.Linux.zip
>

> Paul

>> If anyone has any issues, hits any problems etc, drop me a line and
>> i'll see if i can help.

Re: lost appliance creation instruction

Paul DeBruicker
Thanks Sean.

I also get Bad Substitution errors on line 164 when I run:

sh ./installGemstone2.4-Linux.sh

and on line 30 when I run

sudo /etc/init.d/gemstone start
sudo /etc/init.d/netldi start

I hardcoded the value in the chown call (line 160 i think) in my copy of
installGemstone2.4-Linux.sh, which fixed that error. I am unsure about
what to do in the gemstone and netldi scripts.  I am running 64bit
ubuntu 10.04 and bash is the default shell.

Thanks for posting this stuff

Paul

Re: lost appliance creation instruction

SeanTAllen
My line 160 is:

    sudo chmod 770 /opt/gemstone /opt/gemstone/log /opt/gemstone/locks

what is your run 160?

My line 30 is empty in /etc/init.d/gemstone.

what is your line 30?

What do you get as output of:

ls -al /bin/sh

?

On 05/04/2010 12:40 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> What do you get as output of:
>
> ls -al /bin/sh

that outputs:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 2010-04-30 19:41 /bin/sh -> dash

So I know I need to switch that to bash.  I don't understand the
implications of that switch and whether I need to make it permanent or
not.  It seems odd to have to change the OS's default setting.

As to the other errors, they are probably only happening because the
scripts to install and run Gemstone depend on bash rather than dash.

OK.  Some more precision from me:

For the command:
sh ./installGemstone2.4-Linux.sh

The error is this:
/installGemstone2.4-Linux.sh: 164: Bad substitution

It was fixed by changing the chown command on line 159. The error is
reported after the end of the if statement begun on line 156 and ending
on line 164.

For the command:
sudo /etc/init.d/gemstone start

The error is this:
/opt/gemstone/product/seaside/defSeaside: 30: Bad substitution

So the error is in the defSeaside script. There is another if statement
in /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/defSeaside that runs from line 28 to
line 30.

Re: lost appliance creation instruction

SeanTAllen
All the seaside scripts that come from gemstone and the ones I have
provided expect the system shell to be bash.

You can change the #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash at the top of each and it
should fix it.

dash instead of bash is an optional debian item.

you will have this problem with tons of linux related scripts as they
usually all expect /bin/sh to be bash.