Re: missing methods in GemStone Grease packages

Re: missing methods in GemStone Grease packages

Paul DeBruicker
mmm  scratch that.  I had my versions wrong.

 'GRPlatform current seasideVersion' reports its Seaside 3.1.0

‘GRPlatform current versionString’ reports 1.0.7 (Gemstone)

So maybe I should update rather than upload my fixes.

On Jun 10, 2014, at 10:28 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> In Seaside 3.1.1, Glass 1.0b9.1 & Gemstone 3.1.0.6.  these methods are missing, and used by my stuff.
>

> GRGemStonePlatform>>#writeCharacterStreamOn:
> ^ AnsiWriteStream on: aString
>

> GRCodecStream>>#reset
> stream reset
>

> #writeCharacterStreamOn: is sent in
>
> WABufferedResponse class>>new
> WAComboResponse class>>external:
> WAServerAdaptor>>responseFor:
>

> #reset is sent in WABufferedResponse>>#resetIfPossible and possibly other places.
>

> These implementation seems to work for my needs.  Should I upload a version that has them?

Re: missing methods in GemStone Grease packages

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Paul,

I checked and those methods are present.
Can you check which package versions of Grease you have loaded?

I did not update the version declarations you refer to when publishing 3.1.1 (my bad). I updated them now but that will be for the next release...

Johan

On 11 Jun 2014, at 07:40, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> mmm  scratch that.  I had my versions wrong.
>
> 'GRPlatform current seasideVersion' reports its Seaside 3.1.0
>
> ‘GRPlatform current versionString’ reports 1.0.7 (Gemstone)
>

> So maybe I should update rather than upload my fixes.
>

> On Jun 10, 2014, at 10:28 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi -
>>
>> In Seaside 3.1.1, Glass 1.0b9.1 & Gemstone 3.1.0.6.  these methods are missing, and used by my stuff.
>>

>> GRGemStonePlatform>>#writeCharacterStreamOn:
>> ^ AnsiWriteStream on: aString
>>

>> GRCodecStream>>#reset
>> stream reset
>>

>> #writeCharacterStreamOn: is sent in
>>
>> WABufferedResponse class>>new
>> WAComboResponse class>>external:
>> WAServerAdaptor>>responseFor:
>>

>> #reset is sent in WABufferedResponse>>#resetIfPossible and possibly other places.
>>

>> These implementation seems to work for my needs.  Should I upload a version that has them?

Re: missing methods in GemStone Grease packages

Paul DeBruicker
Thanks Johan,

It was loading the ConfiguationOfGrease from squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository because one of my projects dependencies (ConfigurationOfXMLSupport, but there may be others) only refers to that repository.  I've copied the latest ConfigurationOfGrease to the squeaksource.com repo and am rebuilding my project.  My understanding was that , when not using version locking, Metacello would take the 'latest' ConfigurationOfGrease from the set of repositories defined for it in the project and its dependencies.  But that seems incorrect.

How have you been handling fixing things like this?

It seems like it should be fine to edit the ConfigurationOfXMLSupport #baseline118:  method to point to the smalltalkhub seaside MetacelloConfiguration repo rather than squeaksource.  I don't think it will mess anyone/anything up.

Thanks for taking a look

Paul

Johan Brichau-2 wrote
Hi Paul,

I checked and those methods are present.
Can you check which package versions of Grease you have loaded?

I did not update the version declarations you refer to when publishing 3.1.1 (my bad). I updated them now but that will be for the next release...

Johan

On 11 Jun 2014, at 07:40, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> mmm  scratch that.  I had my versions wrong.
>
> 'GRPlatform current seasideVersion' reports its Seaside 3.1.0
>
> ‘GRPlatform current versionString’ reports 1.0.7 (Gemstone)
>

> So maybe I should update rather than upload my fixes.
>

> On Jun 10, 2014, at 10:28 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi -
>>
>> In Seaside 3.1.1, Glass 1.0b9.1 & Gemstone 3.1.0.6.  these methods are missing, and used by my stuff.
>>

>> GRGemStonePlatform>>#writeCharacterStreamOn:
>> ^ AnsiWriteStream on: aString
>>

>> GRCodecStream>>#reset
>> stream reset
>>

>> #writeCharacterStreamOn: is sent in
>>
>> WABufferedResponse class>>new
>> WAComboResponse class>>external:
>> WAServerAdaptor>>responseFor:
>>

>> #reset is sent in WABufferedResponse>>#resetIfPossible and possibly other places.
>>

>> These implementation seems to work for my needs.  Should I upload a version that has them?

Re: missing methods in GemStone Grease packages

Johan Brichau-2
Paul,

Yes, this whole move from squeaksource to smalltalkhub and the change of ConfigurationOfSeaside30 to ConfigurationOfSeaside3 has its impact on Metacello load problems...

For production, I use the #repositoryOverrides: directive of Metacello to ensure that I only load those packages I explicitly copied beforehand.
For development, we use the Metacello Preview scripting API, locking projects etc..

Dale should be able to tell why certain ConfigurationOf* is getting loaded. I understood a configuration is only loaded if you load #development or when the requested version is not present.
But I must say I have seen different behavior (or so I think).

Rest assured, I also have my share of those problems... I have just become very much aware of reading through Metacello load transcripts to make sure I got what I wanted :-)

Johan