Re: onCloseConsole

1 message Options

Re: onCloseConsole

Ian Bartholomew-21
Further (accidental) experimentation has confused me even more.  My test
console app consists of 3 methods in a ConsoleSessionManager subclass

keepAlive
 ^self

onExit
 process terminate.
 process := nil.
 Sound errorBeep.
 ^super onExit

main
 process :=
   [
   [(self stdout)
    print: Time now;
    cr;
    flush.
   Sound errorBeep.
   Processor sleep: 5000]
     repeat]
     fork

If I deploy and run this then the console shows times stamps, and I get a
beep, every 5 secs.  If I close the command window using the close button
the I get a beep to show that #onExit was visited and then the Windows
prompt saying it couldn't close the app.

If I modify #main to remove the write to stdout ...

main
 process :=
   [Sound errorBeep.
   Processor sleep: 5000]
     repeat]
     fork

... then I get the beeps as before.  However closing the command window
using the close button now works immediately _but_ I don't get the beep to
say that it's gone through the #onExit.

I have _no_ idea what this all means though.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me (limited validity).