Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Preference pragmas

1 message Options

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Preference pragmas

Michael Rueger-6
Andreas Raab wrote:

> Folks -
>
> I wanted to make the property whether to show individual processes in
> MessageTally a preference and couldn't recall any of the three gazillion
> methods to create one ;-) So I decided enough is enough and added the
> ability to register a preference via Pragma. In other words, you specify
> two class side accessors (using MessageTally as example):
>
> showProcesses
>     "Indicates whether to show each process separately or cumulatively."
>     <preference: 'Show Processes in MessageTally'
>         category: 'debug'
>         balloonHelp: 'If enabled, each profiled process is shown
> individually in MessageTally'
>         type: #Boolean>
>     ^ShowProcesses

Looking at your version I see you made some slightly different design
choices than in the design that has been in design discussion and worked
on in the last couple of weeks on the Pharo list.

Can you elaborate what motivated the different design? Meaning what
parts of the Pharo version could be made better? Or, sorry for basically
asking the same thing three times, what would it take to adopt the Pharo
version for Squeak?

Michael