Re: [squeak-dev] Fwd: [ANN] SqueakSource3 Public Alpha (http://ss3.gemstone.com/)

David T. Lewis
I set up a test project ("VMMaker-Test") and used a Monticello browser in
Squeak to copy a large set of VMMaker oscog files to ss3. All uploads were
fast and problem free, with no errors of any kind. These are files that are
slow and error prone when uploading to SqueakSource. Based on this limited
testing, the ss3 performance is very good, reliability is not a problem,
and the overall experience is good.

Dave

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 09:30:49AM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:

> > Von: Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>
> > Datum: 1. Juni 2011 02:51:34 MESZ
> > Betreff: [ANN] SqueakSource3 Public Alpha (http://ss3.gemstone.com/)
> >
> > You are invited to visit the new SqueakSource3 site[1] and provide Tobias and I feedback.
> >
> > SqueakSource3 is running on GemStone 2.4.5 and Seaside 3.0.5 and is hosted at a VMware data center in Washington state.
> >
> > Philippe and Tobias have done a lot of work on the SqueakSource code base over the last several years and SqueakSource3 is the culmination of their work.
> >
> > Please submit bugs/feature requests to the SqueakSource3 project[2].
> >
> > The alpha is expected to last a week or two (depending upon the volume and nature of feedback).
> >
> > I have already done a little bit of load testing on the site and have started to transfer the mcz files from the `Pharo` project on SqueakSource[3] to the `pharo` project on SqueakSource3[4] (yes that's a RESTful url) with the ultimate goal to push the number of version beyond 10k, currently I'm about a third of the way there[5]. Over the course of the alpha I will continue to do more load testing and iron out the details of the infrastructure.
> >
> > Please feel free to create projects and bang on the site, but be aware that the repository will be refreshed at the end of the Alpha period, so don't use SqueakSource3 as your primary repository. I would encourage you to use it as a secondary site to be used if/when SqueakSource is down.
> >
> > I am limiting the announcement of the Alpha to Seaside and GLASS mailing lists, so that you folks have the first chance to provide feedback on the site and features. There are a handful of known issues[2] that Tobias and I will be addressing over the alpha period and at least one issue[6] that we need help addressing.
> >
> > I expect that I will need to refresh the site once or twice over the course of the alpha, but I plan to provide 24 hour notice of any planned shutdowns...
> >
> > Dale
> >
> > [1] http://ss3.gemstone.com/
> > [2] http://code.google.com/p/squeaksource3/issues/list
> > [3] http://www.squeaksource.com/Pharo
> > [4] http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/pharo.html/Overview
> > [5] http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/pharo.html/Statistics
> > [6] http://code.google.com/p/squeaksource3/issues/detail?id=4

Re: [squeak-dev] Fwd: [ANN] SqueakSource3 Public Alpha (http://ss3.gemstone.com/)

Dale Henrichs
David,

I'm glad to hear that ... I encourage folks to go ahead and hammer SqueakSource3 with your worst problems, because now's the time to flush out any issues:)

Dale

> [...]

> > > more load testing and iron out the details of the
> > > infrastructure.
> > >
> > > Please feel free to create projects and bang on the site, but be
> > > aware that the repository will be refreshed at the end of the
> > > Alpha period, so don't use SqueakSource3 as your primary
> > > repository. I would encourage you to use it as a secondary site
> > > to be used if/when SqueakSource is down.
> > >
> > > I am limiting the announcement of the Alpha to Seaside and GLASS
> > > mailing lists, so that you folks have the first chance to
> > > provide feedback on the site and features. There are a handful
> > > of known issues[2] that Tobias and I will be addressing over the
> > > alpha period and at least one issue[6] that we need help
> > > addressing.
> > >
> > > I expect that I will need to refresh the site once or twice over
> > > the course of the alpha, but I plan to provide 24 hour notice of

garduino
Hi Dale, Tobias and folks!

I did a quick try saving the xmlrpc project and all seems to work fine.

I like the UI and specially the "Getting the Code", is cool!

Cheers.
Germán.