Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak works on OpenBSD

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak works on OpenBSD

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Gerardo,

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm happy to let you know that Squeak/Spur can now run on OpenBSD 6.0/amd64.

The relevant changes have been made available to https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm

That's great news, thanks!  I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.

I look forward to meet more Clog developers to share some ideas to improve the build toolchain and code portability.

As I said, I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.

Regards.
--
Gerardo Santana

best, Eliot

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak works on OpenBSD

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido

that makes sense.

In the mean time, if there are no concerns about them, can you commit the changes to platforms/unix ? They're in the same pull request.

Thanks in advance.