Re: tODE @ GSoC 2012?

1 message Options

Re: tODE @ GSoC 2012?

Carla F. Griggio
Hi Dale (and hi everyone!)

Well, that sounds great.

The projects of the GSoC don't really start until April 24th, so there's time, but in order to get Smalltalk in the program we need to have some ideas for projects for this friday :P

So, if you think that in a couple of weeks you will have an initial phase of git/github working, that could also be (if you feel like it, of course :P) a nice and useful project  to propose and improve :P.

Carla

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Carla,

How are things going?

I am just swamped at the moment ... Making git/github accessible to Smalltalkers is my number one task and I've been pushing everything else to the side....

The good news is that I'm a week or two from being done with the initial phase of work git/github. The bad news is that I've got a GemStone release that I need to contribute to real soon now...

I dearly want to move all of my existing work to git/github (tODE and Metacello included), so that developers will be able to easily contribute to the project... Once that is done, I think that it will be much easier for folks to work with tODE, pushing it in many interesting directions...

Dale