Re usable Components in Seaside & Aida

Sébastien Audier
Hello everyone,

I didn't post yet to this list, but I'm using AIDA since a while now,
I just saw that nico mentioned me as his "colleague" :)

> Is it necessary for components to use Ajax, rather than to simply refresh or
> update the page (I'm still somewhat uneasy about Ajax, and usually prefer to
> design sites without it if possible)?

Aida components don't support views or actions like WebApplication does. If you really want to use components in a fully reusable way, you have to extend it, just like Nico
said we did.

Still, I don't think you really need it, because what we did is really application  specific, and for most of the cases, Aida deep Ajax support is more than enough to reuse components.

Sébastien

Souhaitez vous  « être au bureau sans y être » ? Oui je le veux !

Re: Re usable Components in Seaside & Aida

Janko Mivšek
Hello Sébastien,

Sébastien Audier pravi:

> I didn't post yet to this list, but I'm using AIDA since a while now,
> I just saw that nico mentioned me as his "colleague" :)

Welcome therefore to the public part of Aida community ;)

>> Is it necessary for components to use Ajax, rather than to simply refresh or
>> update the page (I'm still somewhat uneasy about Ajax, and usually prefer to
>> design sites without it if possible)?
>
> Aida components don't support views or actions like WebApplication does.
> If you really want to use components in a fully reusable way, you have
> to extend it, just like Nico
> said we did.
>
> Still, I don't think you really need it, because what we did is really
> application  specific, and for most of the cases, Aida deep Ajax support
> is more than enough to reuse components.

I think a form posting per component and done by Ajax could be a good
addition to our arsenal. It is also a prerequisite for a tree-like
control with stackable modal windows I talked recently about.

What about introducing of action methods to components too?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek