Re: [verveinej] Failure on importing code

Re: [verveinej] Failure on importing code

Stéphane Ducasse
can you send the mail to the moose-dev?
Because I'm busy.

Stef

On Feb 14, 2012, at 2:01 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> [...]
> /home/ich/uni/bachelor-arbeit/dpp/de.fu_berlin.inf.dpp/src/de/fu_berlin/inf/dpp/Example.java
> java.lang.ClassCastException: fr.inria.verveine.core.gen.famix.Type cannot be
> cast to fr.inria.verveine.core.gen.famix.Class
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineVisitor.visit(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CatchClause.accept0(CatchClause.java:162)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2514)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2585)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.TryStatement.accept0(TryStatement.java:258)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2514)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2585)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.Block.accept0(Block.java:136)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2514)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChild(ASTNode.java:2562)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.IfStatement.accept0(IfStatement.java:190)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2514)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2585)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.Block.accept0(Block.java:136)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2514)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChild(ASTNode.java:2562)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.MethodDeclaration.accept0(MethodDeclaration.java:504)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2514)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2585)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.TypeDeclaration.accept0(TypeDeclaration.java:484)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2514)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2585)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnit.accept0(CompilationUnit.java:219)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2514)
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.FamixRequestor.acceptAST(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve(CompilationUnitResolver.java:1016)
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve(CompilationUnitResolver.java:628)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.createASTs(ASTParser.java:988)
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.main(Unknown Source)
>

> I have attached a workaround but I don't understand under which circumstances
> a type might not be resolvable to a Class (wrong classpath). Somehow the code
> already accepts a nil class, so adding the exception handling only makes the
> code more ugly but might end up being correct.
>

> cheers
> holger
>
> PS: What is the license of that code?
>

> [1] http://www.saros-project.org/
> <Example.java><workaround.diff>

Re: [verveinej] Failure on importing code

Fabrizio Perin-3
Hi,
did you try with the other extractor:

http://www.intooitus.com/products/infamix

the last verison seems much better then the previous I tried to use.

Cheers,
Fabrizio

2012/2/14 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> [...]

>       at
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve(CompilationUnitResolver.java:628)
>       at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.createASTs(ASTParser.java:988)
>       at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>       at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.main(Unknown Source)
>

> I have attached a workaround but I don't understand under which circumstances
> a type might not be resolvable to a Class (wrong classpath). Somehow the code
> already accepts a nil class, so adding the exception handling only makes the
> code more ugly but might end up being correct.
>

> cheers
>       holger
>
> PS: What is the license of that code?
>

> [1] http://www.saros-project.org/
> <Example.java><workaround.diff>

Re: [verveinej] Failure on importing code

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Can you provide the scenario so that we can try to reproduce?

Cheers,
Doru

On 14 Feb 2012, at 15:31, Fabrizio Perin wrote:

> [...]
> >       at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.FamixRequestor.acceptAST(Unknown Source)
> >       at
> > org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve(CompilationUnitResolver.java:1016)
> >       at
> > org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve(CompilationUnitResolver.java:628)
> >       at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.createASTs(ASTParser.java:988)
> >       at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> >       at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.main(Unknown Source)
> >

> > I have attached a workaround but I don't understand under which circumstances
> > a type might not be resolvable to a Class (wrong classpath). Somehow the code
> > already accepts a nil class, so adding the exception handling only makes the
> > code more ugly but might end up being correct.

www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: [verveinej] Failure on importing code

Nicolas Anquetil

yes, specifically, if you could indicate what source code your are trying to
parse it would help to reproduce the problem.

I looked into http://www.saros-project.org/ but could not find a clear
"Download" link.

Also as it is an eclipse plugin, do you parse it alone or with eclipse code?

nicolas

On Wednesday 15 February 2012 07:25:34 Tudor Girba wrote:

> [...]
> > >       ST(Unknown Source) at
> > >
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve(Compilation
> > > UnitResolver.java:1016)> >
> > >       at
> > >
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve(Compilation
> > > UnitResolver.java:628)> >
> > >       at
> > >       org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.createASTs(ASTParser
> > >       .java:988) at
> > >       fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.parse(
> > >       Unknown Source) at
> > >       fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.main(U
> > >       nknown Source)> >
> > > I have attached a workaround but I don't understand under which
> > > circumstances a type might not be resolvable to a Class (wrong
> > > classpath). Somehow the code already accepts a nil class, so adding
> > > the exception handling only makes the code more ugly but might end

Nicolas Anquetil -- RMod team
INRIA Lille Nord Europe

Re: [verveinej] Failure on importing code

Holger Freyther
On 02/15/2012 07:25 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you provide the scenario so that we can try to reproduce?

Yeah, the private mail stephane forwarded had these two attachments...

>>> <Example.java><workaround.diff>

verveinej chokes when trying to resolve 'BackingStoreException' to a Class. I
have attached the short example file and the local 'hack' I am using to get
pass this issue.

holger

Example.java (2K) Download Attachment
workaround.diff (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [verveinej] Failure on importing code

Nicolas Anquetil

thanks

we will have a look  at it.

thank you for reporting the issue and helping us to improve the tool

nicolas

--
Nicolas Anquetil -- RMod team
INRIA Lille Nord Europe

Re: [verveinej] Failure on importing code

Nicolas Anquetil

For information, we successfully corrected this bug in this specific case.

But it might not be always possible to have it always true (meaning the bug
can reappear somewhere else)

The problem is one must think of verveineJ as a compiler, if one does not
provide the accessed libraries, it misses information necessary to create
correctly entities.
This may result in verveineJ sometimes creating a Type when it should create a
Class. Latter on, when the type is used somewhere else, we might require it to
be a class and the bug would reappear.

In the general case, I don't think it is possible to avoid these bugs in all
cases, so it is better to always give the needed libraries when using
verveineJ.

nicolas

--
Nicolas Anquetil -- RMod team