Re: [vwnc] Reading Unicode excel files via ODBC

Re: [vwnc] Reading Unicode excel files via ODBC

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [vwnc] Reading Unicode excel files via ODBC

I've read unicode strings from SQL server over ODBC, but connection needs to be switched to unicode mode.

Cheers!

-Boris (via BlackBerry)

Re: [vwnc] Reading Unicode excel files via ODBC

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
session := (self connection getSession)
                        unicodeEncoding: #'UCS-2';
                        unicode: true;
                        yourself.
session etc etc

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Boris

The problem is that ODBC is telling me that the column
is type 12 (SQL_VARCHAR) instead of SQL_WVARCHAR. Where
I would expect an extended charcter I get a '?' character
instead. I suspect it is an issue with the Excel ODBC
driver.